Some BMX'in

Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some photos from a local indoor skate park. I know the one fella in the black with the white helmet.

And when did the 5d MKII start sucking at action shots?

I like how your using the ramp to make a fisheye effect. You need to work on it more though. Get rid of the shadows, if you have a external flash set it to rear flash sync.

I like how your using the ramp to make a fisheye effect. You need to work on it more though. Get rid of the shadows, if you have a external flash set it to rear flash sync.

The two with the shadows are with an external flash. I used a Canon 580EX II with an umbrella to soften the light a bit. Why would I use rear curtain sync for these when there is no ambient at all in the photo?

I really don't like the perspective on the first two, I couldn't tell they were riding up onto a vertical wall until I looked at the last photo. But I do like the effect that the fisheye gives.

And when did the 5d MKII start sucking at action shots?
When canon decided not to upgrade the focusing mechanisms from the 5dmk1...:mrgreen:

I like the first two shots actually. rear curtain would have kind of created some extra light on the backgound right?

None the less, i can tell what they are riding on fisheye effect and all. I say, pretty good work.

As VI said, rear curtain won't do any good if you're shooting manual and killing all the ambient with a shutter quick enough to do so. I suspect that's what he was doing.

ah gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. I really wasn't quite sure on that one!
Thanks!

Most reactions

Back