Some C&C Please!

i_am_not_sam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some more images I've taken that I'd appreciate getting some comments and opinions on.

37833_1527646596937_1407847295_1405919_3607597_n.jpg

Just a shot of my drums that I thought was pretty cool.

35714_1505432161590_1407847295_1350929_5003210_n.jpg

The sky was really beautiful that night, but the trees got in the way. Probably should have gotten a different angle.

35690_1515584575394_1407847295_1377100_3261531_n.jpg

I found some old wheels in my garage, and just thought they might make a cool picture.

34613_1520588740495_1407847295_1388335_2880816_n.jpg

I thought this was a cool perspective of my house.

Last edited:
I'm no expert and I don't have enough exposure experience to give proper feedback. But this is a forum so here is my 2 cents:

1. Nice drum set but this shot is not very compelling. The lines in the brick wall in the background don't help the busy structure of the hi-hat and other cymbol stands. This seems to be more like a "drum kit for sale" shot.

2. I like this shot the best although the trees on the bottom don't help. That's a beautiful sky and it looks like the trees are hiding even more color.

3. I think this shot needs some context. On it's own it's not very compelling and the color doesn't really do anything for me. Probably my least favorite shot.

4. Kind of cool perspective but the tree in the upper left corner doesn't work for me. I see the sky reflected in the window. If you could get a reflection of an airplane or a bird also, that would add some interest.

Perhaps you can add some comments as to why you felt the need to take these shots?

I'm no expert and I don't have enough exposure experience to give proper feedback. But this is a forum so here is my 2 cents:

1. Nice drum set but this shot is not very compelling. The lines in the brick wall in the background don't help the busy structure of the hi-hat and other cymbol stands. This seems to be more like a "drum kit for sale" shot.

2. I like this shot the best although the trees on the bottom don't help. That's a beautiful sky and it looks like the trees are hiding even more color.

3. I think this shot needs some context. On it's own it's not very compelling and the color doesn't really do anything for me. Probably my least favorite shot.

4. Kind of cool perspective but the tree in the upper left corner doesn't work for me. I see the sky reflected in the window. If you could get a reflection of an airplane or a bird also, that would add some interest.

Perhaps you can add some comments as to why you felt the need to take these shots?

Thanks for the feedback. I added some comments under them.

C&C per req:

1. I like the perspective here, and the exposure is good, but there's a little too much going on in the image. This would have worked much better, IMO, had there been less detail around. The neighbouring house, chair, fence, rooves and all compete for the eye's attention. As well, I would like to see this without the stand's feet cropped off. How about doing this against say, a wall with some graffiti or something?

2. Nice sky shot.

3. I'm afraid this one does not do much for me.

4. An interesting perspective, but not a lot more to say about it.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Most reactions

Back