Some CC would be appreciated.

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by johng25, Oct 23, 2008.

1. johng25

johng25 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi, guys! It's me again. I took some photos tonight to practice with my camera changing different settings and what not, and I am going to put up three pics here. They are not meant to be artisitc or anything, just practice shots. Please tell me anything I could do to make the pics better, technically, that is. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

John

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mitch1640

Mitch1640 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i like the 1st and 3rd best, the 2nd one is good too but i like the color version better. i think the color add more separation because the bridge almost looks like its already black and white.

3. pictureme

pictureme TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the last 2 ...Great angle !

4. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    C&C per req:

1,2. The idea is good, and I like the use of lines, however the background just doesn't work IMO. Even with a 1.4 lens, I suspect this would be too busy and distracting (though it's worth a try). I think this is a case where you've found a great picture, but the circumstances prevent it's execution. With respect to the issue of the mono, while the conversion is nicely done, I don't see anything in this image that is enhanced by being converted.

3. A better angle, and I think here with a super-fast lens (or a tele from a distance) producing a very shallow DoF you might have a crack at a good image. When doing these types of shots, it's always good to wait (if you can) for people to clear the scene. The two looky-loos in the background are a bit annoying.

Overall, some good ideas, and creative thinking.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

5. tenlientl

tenlientl TPF Noob!

i do what you do. i tend to take shots of things close up even though im not focusing on it.

6. Flower Child

Flower Child TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    pretty

7. thomsonbsa

thomsonbsa TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    some great shots with a ton of interesting leading lines. Try and pick a focus. As is, it is a bit confusing as to where the viewer should look, the foreground, the background, it's all too overwhelming. However, I think you are on the right track and I wish you luck.

8. austriker

austriker TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    the 3rd one does good to narrow more. its my favorite.. the other two seem to be really busy with lines going all over the place, seem to be distracting to me. great shots though, looks good

9. johng25

johng25 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks guys and gals for all the comments.

Tirediron, I agree that the background sux. Maybe I could raise the aperture to 2.8 and reshoot (but wouldn't that make nearly everything beyond my focus totally blurry? maybe f/3.6 is better???). This bridge is right outside my home in KOrea, so it's not a problem to go there again. On the other side of the bridge are lots of neon lights, so I'm not sure if that background will be any better.

Any more tips or suggestions? I'll try to reshoot as soon as I can and post some more pics from this bridge. Thanks!

John