some city life

ltcvnzl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I'm posting here for critique – I've been photographing for a few years but I'm mostly due intuitive things as I don't know much technique, I like photography but I don't know much what to do with my photos, I think that's why I never studied much about it. I use a Canon T3, 50mm lens and mostly shoot on priority aperture mode or manual.

Here are some photos I took focusing on people on the streets/public spaces.

0YIx9sP.jpg

ZpMHG5W.jpg

PcqFX2h.jpg

YzwmkdP.jpg

Last edited:
I like the last two. Nice sense of space in the last. The third is a good catch.

In shooting street photography you first have to be clear with yourself, exactly what you are trying to show, then you have to put the subject in the frame in an important place with relation to the rest of the content. You must try to maximize the impact of good stuff and minimize the impact of stuff that affects the viewer and keeps them from seeing what you saw.

What strikes me about these is that it isn't clear at all in the first two what you thought was interesting and what you want us to see.

It is obvious in #3 that you are keying on the 'I wish I was a communist' graffito but you are far from the human subject, at an angle and most of the image is irrelevant to the writing. If you were directly behind her, if she was much larger in the frame and the background was houses and buildings then there are possibilities of ideas to spring from the picture. As it is now, the background is distracting not contributing.

If you were afraid she would move before you got to the best position, then start shooting as you walk to the best position to try and salvage something if she does stand up.

Keep on shooting and posting. You have the technicals of focus, sharpness and conversion down well, now comes the hard part of seeing the shot and getting to it.

Most reactions

Back