Some college baseball

MulesAFpilot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all... here's my 2nd attempt at shooting some baseball.

[click for larger]

1. My favorite shot

Exposure:1/3200 sec
Aperture:f/5.6
Focal Length:125 mm
ISO Speed:400
Exposure Bias:0/2 EV

2. Luis Perez hitting a homerun

Exposure:1/4000 sec
Aperture:f/5
Focal Length:195 mm

Exposure:1/2500 sec
Focal Length:200 mm

Exposure:0.001 sec (1/1600)
Focal Length:250 mm

Exposure:0.001 sec (1/1600)
Focal Length:220 mm

Exposure:1/2500 sec
Focal Length:185 mm

Exposure: 1/4000 sec
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 210 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0/2 EV

I like the composition of these shot, the color seem pretty nice, I like 2,3,6 and 7. I wish the background is blurred a bit more but I don't think you len allow that.lol.

4 and 7 stand out the most for me - but all your shots are brilliant action captures.

David

Why did you shoot at ISO 400 instead of ISO 100. Maybe you would have been able to open up your aperture a little more and blur the background a little more......just my own observation. very good compositions though

Lookin good mules

Why did you shoot at ISO 400 instead of ISO 100. Maybe you would have been able to open up your aperture a little more and blur the background a little more......just my own observation. very good compositions though

I think you have ISO speed backwards. The higher the ISO, the more sensitivity to light, so therefore, he would have been able to shoot at a more open aperture with a higher ISO, not lower.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

I think you have ISO speed backwards. The higher the ISO, the more sensitivity to light, so therefore, he would have been able to shoot at a more open aperture with a higher ISO, not lower.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Lower ISO develops slower, less sensitive to light. open the aperture up to let more light in while shooting at the same shutter speed. Higher ISO is more sensitive, so opening the aperture up to more sensitive film would mean more exposure.

Sports do look their best with a shallow DOF, as the subject with the ball, puck, etc in the main focal point. f2.8 seems to be what most pros are shooting sports action at. That would mean letting lots of light onto the film, or sensor, so fast shutter speeds, and slow developing film, unless indoors of course, then you're shooting ISO 800 and up because there is not much available light, but you still need to freeze action with a fast shutter and a shallow DOF.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back