Some critique needed

twisztad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new here as you all can tell. I just bought myself a HP photosmart 945 and I took some pictures with them. What do you guys think. This is the first time that I have used a digital camera. So feel free to be as brutal as you want. Thanks

Oh yeah this pics of the orchids, it was an extrenely overcast day when I took them.

1947.jpg

2726.jpg

2727.jpg

1948.jpg

2728.jpg

This is my dog Chuckles cute yeah.
post-32-1097044713.jpg

post-32-1097044995.jpg

post-32-1097045050.jpg

So here they are my first pics what do you guys think..

Welcome to the forum, and I think your pics look quite good. In the third photo down with the orchid pollen tip macro, the wood in the background is a real distraction for me. Other than that, I look forward to more pics from you!

Je-C thanks for the reply, and for the welcome. I am looking forward to posting some of my pics when it gets sunny here in Cape Town again.

Thanks again.

Love Peace And Happiness

Welcome to the forum.

Just so you know...it's rather hard to offer critique on more than one photo at a time. If you want some serious critique, just post one photo at a time in the critique forum. (separate thread)

If you want to share a group of photos, feel free to post them together in the photo gallery forum.

I look forward to seeing more of your pics.

Yes welcome! You have a nice set of pics here my friend and we'll look forward to seeing many more!

welcome here! those are really good shots! I really like the last one! great dof!

Thanks for the advice Big Mike. and thanks for the welcome all. I am excited at trying my hand out at photography. I was looking at some of your guys work and yiu guys are good. Is everyone on this forum professional photographers? Or are there some that is just starting out like myself?.

I like the full frame flower of the first one but prefer the angle on the 3rd. It shows more of the plants details.

They are lillies damn. I know the last one is a lilly, the dead flower but the others, I always thought they where orchids. Live and Learn

A lillie by any other name is still a lillie.

I liked your images. I am impressed with your mastery of your equipment.

I like sharp, vivid, and vibrant colors that jump out at me

Most reactions

Back