Some Crowes here ! ! !! ! !

he should jog with a camera around his neck.....no problems then!

Hahaha I thought you were talking about Russel Crowe. And with his telephone incident the other week, I was definately confused... I thought he went and attacked a jogger. hehehehe

Oh how weird ... I was out at The Beaches with my b/f the day before I read this post and HAD to show him because of the coincidence involved ..because we were walkin down a street and I identified a crow call .... he saw it finally ( ahead of us on an overhead wire and we both watched as it then semi-swooped us. It didnt come too close but it definately looked a lil menancing in its low flight over us. I wondered aloud whether crows swoop ppl as it IS Spring and , hence , mating season. We walked past the tree it was near and saw another crow ( its wifey-crow ? ).
I know that magpies in Australia swoop and peck heads of ppl passing by ( yeah I found this out personally a couple of years ago and it might not sound scary in theory but it bloody is when a largish bird stalks you from tree to tree, waits til you pass by then swoops down and PINGS ya head HARD with its sharp beak ! ). But to my knowledge , Aussie crows dont swoop ( unless they try to make a phone call from your phone unsuccessfully that is ... ;) ).
I guess they do in these parts of the world :lol:

With magpies , the trick is to face them and look at them. If they see your eyes they dont swoop ya or hit ya for some reason. Some ppl have taken to wearing their sunglasses on the back of their heads or paint eyes on the back of their hats to avoid this problem during spring.

Hmm...now I know what I am doing wrong. I gotta ditch the bicycle and start jogging. In a way, I kinda feel sorry for the dude, but I would have at least snapped a couple o pics first if it were me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

Back