Picture002-1.jpg

Picture035-2.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture060-1.jpg

Portraits:
Picture100-1.jpg

Picture150-1.jpg

a-8.jpg

Now I'm also wondering if someone can help me. Taking pictures of the girl is hard because she has a bit of a lazy eye when it comes to light. You would never see it in regular interactions, but its almost impossible to get a good eye wide open portrait.

Any advice for that?

Any thoughts....?

The portrait of the man is best (did your girlfriend photograph YOU, maybe?)!

The first ... if that were mine (shows how subjective "critiquing" is!) there would no longer be any house to be seen, I'd have cropped that off and concentrated on the branches and leaves and their shapes and lines and ... with adding a bit more shadows to it ... to the COLOURS. Those are what autumn photos are all about, aren't they? And I feel they are a bit flat here.

The second doesn't work for me because there are too many leaves pointing towards the lens, and thus got all blurred. Maybe moving a quarter circle to the right (anticlockwise) would have helped picking out the "baby tree" in amongst all the fallen leaves. All in all, though, the idea is one that could have been mine: I love this aspect of photography, i.e. the chance to pick out something really small and give it a frame (and thus "life", as it were) of its own!

Despite the huge lens flare, the third one is my favourite of the landscape photos, that leaning tree is different from all the others.

The one with the carving is too central within your composition. This is a good example for a photo where subsequent cropping can still do something to the pic.

In the first portrait, the background is too bright and there is not one single catchlight in her eyes, so they look empty and dead, only like holes. That is something you would need to observe next time, i.e. to use the fill-flash (as it was being used in the last) when the background is so bright).

To avoid "the lazy eye" in the second of the girl's photos, you might have placed here only a bit further right so she would be more in the shadow (which there was, as we can see). Maybe?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back