Some feathers (COLOR)

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Man, it seems like a while since i've posted. Here are some pics of feathers that i took the other day. I have more, but havent edited them all yet. I may post those later, depending on how these turn out :)

feather1.jpg

lonefeather2web.jpg

featheronlog.jpg

featheredges.jpg

thanks for looking you guys :)

Is this a lensbaby or something similar? You're getting really smooth edges.

Was this shot in film or digital?

I really like the 2nd one. The 3rd one is ok too, but the placement and angle of the 2nd one is much better. The 4th one comes close to being excellent, but to me, the feathers fade into the background too much. If you had had a little bit of side light on just the feathers (maybe used a small flash light to paint the feathers?) I think they would have really stood out and this would have turned it into an outstanding image. The first one doesn't do anything for me, but I can't really say why.

The whole concept is an excellent one.

Mike

Actually I think the fourth is my fav! The lighting and the feathers are perfect. You can almost feel the softness. The others are nice too, but something about the fourth really sticks out. Nice job!!!

I'll say #2 for here also. The composition of the feather against the other textures is really nice. The black matte around it really gives it a nice depth and contrast.

thanks you guys!

DocF, this was in digital, all shot with add on 'homemade' (not really, but it's not really supposed to be used this way) macro lens, which causes the shallow DoF and soft edges.

good suggestion, mike, about the fourth shot. thanks!

the last one pic is great! I love the tone and the silhouette of the feather!!!

thanks mentos! actually, today, i saw some mentos. in the store. and i was like ahhhh, mentos from TPF! i think it is the first time food has reminded me of a person on this board.

I think I like the 2nd most - I like these oposing materials

Most reactions

Back