Some feedback please?

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by alpinestarhero, Jun 10, 2008.

1. alpinestarhero

alpinestarhero TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I took this picture at richmond park, and then stuck it in photoshop and played around, making it black and white (obviously :lol:), cropping it and playing with the contrast and sharpness levels. I quite like it, but I was wondering what you guys (most of you being way better at photography and image editing than me) thought?

The only thing I really dont like is that ruddy cycle path sign lurking behind my bike!! Didnt notice it at the time. I think the sky looks a bit odd too, I was tryign to be clever and make the detail stand out but its not quite worked as i imagined

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

Thanks,

Matt

2. alpinestarhero

alpinestarhero TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Is it me, or does photobucket seem to make pictures too sharp when they are compressed and resized?

Matt

3. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I would suggest a crop to more closely highlight the motor-cycle, but leave it in colour. BBW is wonderful for portraying a sense of age, as well an many other emotions, but with a subject of this nature, it doesn't really fit.

4. T8TERS

T8TERS TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    looks pretty good in the color maybe a little to sharp from the photoshopping but good work i like the pic

5. Bifurcator

Bifurcator TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It's a sports bike... so I would do something hairy and radical to the street surface in PS. Maybe to the trees too to compliment, tie-in, or contrast to whatever you do to the road surf. It's an image that (to me) says: FX me please. :D

6. alpinestarhero

alpinestarhero TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wow, I didnt think the original image was so great in colour. I'll have a go with that and get the colours sorted out a bit better, maybe bring out some detail in the sky line. I didnt want my bike to be the whole point of the shot, as its more of "look where me and my bike went on that day" rather than "look at my bike and how ugly that topbox is!"

Cheers guys,

Matt