Some film work (longish post with several photos)

Boz Mon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got 2 rolls of film developed the other day, and my black and white came out amazing. The color was ok but still I approve. They were just kodak 400 speed black and white, and kodak 400 speed color film from walgreens. I shot them on my Pentax ME-Super with a 50mm 1.4 lens. Enjoy and leave comments.

1. This one I made into an 8x10 because I liked it so much:
443429r1e024024mediumcc0.jpg

443429r1e011011mediumpg7.jpg

443429r1e022022mediumuk6.jpg

443429r1e020020mediumbn1.jpg

And finally a color shot:
443428r1e010010mediumuh6.jpg

I like the first (although it has some horizontal lines, maybe caused from scanning).

2,3, and 4 I think are off a little on exposure (#2 overexposed, #3 & #4 underexposed)

The last one looks like it might be a little out of focus.

Nice pics though.

The first one is cool, but that white ledge at the bottom right kind of bugs me, my eye is continually being drawn there. The second one looks a little over exposed and all the buildings are leaning to the right. The last one is cool, the colours look almost cross processed.

Your shots make me want to get a film camera! There is something about these that digital is lacking.. they just have a different feel. Keep it up, I hope you post more!

The first one is cool, but that white ledge at the bottom right kind of bugs me, my eye is continually being drawn there. The second one looks a little over exposed and all the buildings are leaning to the right. The last one is cool, the colours look almost cross processed.

Pretty much same thoughts here. That forground thing is buggin' me too. What's up with the color on the last one?? Feels like an older 60's camera. I actually kinda like it... too much green maybe?

The color in the last one is just the film I think. It was dark out, under a street light. As far as the exposure issue goes, it is so much harder to expose right with film than digital, but I think I am getting much better. Every time I use this Pentax, I wish that film was less expensive because I love the look of it.

Who did the scanning for you? Did you order a CD along with the prints?
I like the atmosphere captured in the fourth, although what is not directly in the light of the lamp is a bit in the dark but I feel it's all right, it would have been the same for the eyes. And the lamp is not overexposed, which, so I feel, is what counts most here.

To see these reminds me of the film inside my EOS 500N (has been in there for months now... still not finished), and the one inside the Leica M5 (also been there for months :roll: ) --- I should really go and finish them at last... :scratch:

I work at walgreens so I just get it done there. The horizontal lines in the 1st upon further inspection are actually power lines :thumbdown:. The light that you are talking about is almost exactly what the eye would have seen. We were actually sitting outside after the carshow, and I looked at the car and I was like I need to get a photo of this. Even with no tripod it worked pretty good.

love the black and whites

Most reactions

Back