some fine form

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A buddy / golfer friend of mine, Jamie, with a swing that wins!

Nov604Golf59bb.jpg

I think you've got a really nice shot here, great timing, but the one that bothers me is the golfer looks slightly out of focus. It appears that the grass in front of him is in perfect focus, but he is just a little outside of the range. That little difference would turn a good shot into a great one in my opinion.

This is an awesomely composed shot! And I love how you have worked with the natural light.

I think Chase has a good point in that the golfer could be a littlesharper in focus. Otherwise the DOF is really working for me.

Well done.

The composition and action in this shot are amazing. I agree with the focus, but it doesn't bother me much. Almost as if that is what the golfer would see, completely in focus right in front of him. Very nicely done!

I don't think the golfer is out of focus, because if you look at the ground he's standing on, you can see that there's plenty of dof. I think it's just a bit of motion blur from his swing, and I expect there to be. I agree though, that to see him totally sharp would look better. A faster shutter and you'd probably eliminate that.

thanks all for yor comments.. I agree with Matt.. the softness in a result of Movement. I had recently purchased the Nikon D70, and the 85-300., and this day on the links was my first atempt to shoot golfers with a tele lens. I had the iso @ 200, i am sure 500 -800 would have helped the shutter speed a ton, leaving a much better image,.. again, all comments are really appreciated!!

This is my fav of the one's you've posted - nice composition, DOF, etc... very nice.

Great shot - my only slight problems are the shutter speed - slightly faster and you'd have caught the club & flying grass more sharply, or slightly slower to record more moevment in the swing...

I think there's perhaps a little too much space on the left of the shot, but then it looks as though there's an object just coming in to view on the right - if you had moved right, this might have been more distracting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back