Some flowers and leaves after rain.

matt_paul85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Like I said in the B&W section I am a n00b to the photography world. Be gentle haha I really encourage comments though I really want to get better!

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

I'd say your doing all right so far
what's your gear
#1 I assume you were only going for the stamen to be in focus and use the petals as the backdrop pretty nice
#2 a little overexposed on the top kinda distracting/ kinda not (may sound a little confusing, I mean it add the photo while taking a little overpowering)
#3 I'm indifferent about this one

Thanks for the comments! That's exactly what i was going for in the first one. I'm still trying to figure out how to focus properly. I do see what you're saying about the second but how do I prevent that from happening??

I have a Fuji s700 (figured it would be a good starter camera) and some lenses I bought as well. 2x Telephoto, Wide angle w/macro. and some filters. I guess good for starting out. I like them! Any other advice for a n00b?

To avoid that from happening you would have to either hope for the best while shooting auto or (I do not know the settings on a fuji) put it in manual and change your aperture ( I might of said shutter speed but I think a smaller aperture would better fix this) - and if you din not know about these things I am talking about just http://www.photographytips.com/page.cfm/1587 look for the words there)

It took me a while also to learn how to focus properly but this site really helped me

BTW like I said before with #2 the top added to the picture also so it worked out with this picture

I looked in the manual and it says that the ISO is always on auto. Can't change that for some reason. Thanks for the advice! I really like that site you posted, lots of info there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back