Some flowers and leaves after rain.

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by matt_paul85, Aug 12, 2008.

1. matt_paul85

matt_paul85 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Like I said in the B&W section I am a n00b to the photography world. Be gentle haha I really encourage comments though I really want to get better!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tkaat

tkaat TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'd say your doing all right so far
    what's your gear
    #1 I assume you were only going for the stamen to be in focus and use the petals as the backdrop pretty nice
    #2 a little overexposed on the top kinda distracting/ kinda not (may sound a little confusing, I mean it add the photo while taking a little overpowering)
    #3 I'm indifferent about this one

3. matt_paul85

matt_paul85 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the comments! That's exactly what i was going for in the first one. I'm still trying to figure out how to focus properly. I do see what you're saying about the second but how do I prevent that from happening??

I have a Fuji s700 (figured it would be a good starter camera) and some lenses I bought as well. 2x Telephoto, Wide angle w/macro. and some filters. I guess good for starting out. I like them! Any other advice for a n00b?

4. tkaat

tkaat TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    To avoid that from happening you would have to either hope for the best while shooting auto or (I do not know the settings on a fuji) put it in manual and change your aperture ( I might of said shutter speed but I think a smaller aperture would better fix this) - and if you din not know about these things I am talking about just http://www.photographytips.com/page.cfm/1587 look for the words there)

It took me a while also to learn how to focus properly but this site really helped me

BTW like I said before with #2 the top added to the picture also so it worked out with this picture

5. matt_paul85

matt_paul85 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I looked in the manual and it says that the ISO is always on auto. Can't change that for some reason. Thanks for the advice! I really like that site you posted, lots of info there.