Some Friends' Cars

Very cool stuff indeed. Magazine worthy definitely. Some almost look HDR, are they? I really like the dof on the corba shots (50mm is great isnt it).

I would love some even more extreme angles as well, make the cars look even more imposing and menacing in the shots, and perhaps some better lighting on the ones in the car park, the strip light looks cool in some and odd in others.

Very nice work overall though.

Very cool stuff indeed. Magazine worthy definitely. Some almost look HDR, are they? I really like the dof on the corba shots (50mm is great isnt it).

I would love some even more extreme angles as well, make the cars look even more imposing and menacing in the shots, and perhaps some better lighting on the ones in the car park, the strip light looks cool in some and odd in others.

Very nice work overall though.

Just the last picture is HDR. I shot most of them to be HDR's, it just didn't turn out that way.

Pics of the G35 are sick!

One thing about your photography, it looks better through the 50, but that expected against kit. You're getting there, I like it.

2 things about the mustang. Isn't the Cobra rear and spoiler on a GT a bit like stuffing your pants? And, you seriously need to wetsand and buff that factory paint job. Orange peel City.

http://www.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/Chemistry/biochem/mm/stationery/H_StoryB/Orange.jpg

I agree with you on the orange peel.

As for the Cobra bumper, it's an imposter sure. But it has kind of earned it, too. It has a 32 valve swap, along with a new rotating assembly and it's supercharged. It made just over 480rwhp on 10psi.

great shots of the G35, please tell your friend to remove the front license plate holder...what did you do for P&P on the G shots?

the setting for the stang doesn't do it for me

I love 3, 8 & 9. I just think 9 should have all of the car in focus, I don't know why. Great shots!

Why did God plague the UK with the likes of Smart cars??? WHY??!!!!

great shots of the G35, please tell your friend to remove the front license plate holder...what did you do for P&P on the G shots?

the setting for the stang doesn't do it for me

We removed the plate holder, but it wasn't pretty underneath. I will have to do it again when he can clean it up under there.

I used Adobe Lightroom for all of my post processing minus number 12, I used Photoshop in addition.

You need to use a circular polarizer to kill that glare of the above lights. This usually plays a huge role in my composition while taking garage shots.

I agree with you on the orange peel.

As for the Cobra bumper, it's an imposter sure. But it has kind of earned it, too. It has a 32 valve swap, along with a new rotating assembly and it's supercharged. It made just over 480rwhp on 10psi.

But still, need to ditch the GT badges and get a Cobra front fascia. Or lose the cobra bumper/decklid, no half and half. Just my opinion though

As for the pictures.

I like all of the G35 except for the 3rd one. I would have liked it if the whole front would have been in the picture. I know you were trying to focus more on the headlight and such, but it just doesn't seem to work there.

And for the GT, Shot 7 would have been better if it wasnt angled like it was, Maybe lowering yourself more to the ground, and shot 9... if the whole front would have been in the picture, i believe that would have been a good money shot.

You need to use a circular polarizer to kill that glare of the above lights. This usually plays a huge role in my composition while taking garage shots.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't really think of that where I was out of the sunlight.

But still, need to ditch the GT badges and get a Cobra front fascia. Or lose the cobra bumper/decklid, no half and half. Just my opinion though

As for the pictures.

I like all of the G35 except for the 3rd one. I would have liked it if the whole front would have been in the picture. I know you were trying to focus more on the headlight and such, but it just doesn't seem to work there.

And for the GT, Shot 7 would have been better if it wasnt angled like it was, Maybe lowering yourself more to the ground, and shot 9... if the whole front would have been in the picture, i believe that would have been a good money shot.

I agree with you. But it's not my car, so I really don't have much of a say on what happens with it.

But I will try those shot suggestions next time and see how they turn out.

pretty cool shots, I just noticed how badly the kit lens does with perspective and abberations, wow, ...

looks like the ceiling is melting around the car in some of the shots. The 50 is a much better choice for parking garages. but, still cool shots...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back