Some from this weekend...56k warning

crystalview

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here are a few I took in two different areas; The first couple are from the Minnesota River valley in Shakopee Minnesota, and the rest are from downtown Minneapolis in and around the Mississippi River banks. Comments welcome. Thanks!

A mailbox for a deserted grain mill
20451017-M.jpg

"No Tresspassing" A sign on the property of the above location
20451018-M.jpg

"Last Leg" This billboard has been broken down for as many years as I can remember. THey still run ads on it. Probably because its an eye cather
20451406-M.jpg

"Mississippi River Cave" This is one of many of the blocked off tunnels/caves that were used back in the early 1900's in this area to for flour and grain production. They are all over the banks of the Mississippi in various hidden places.
19991782-M.jpg

One of the trails headed down to the banks
20450340-M.jpg

A drainage falls that leads to the river
20449737-M.jpg

A view of the Mississippi and the "Stone Arch Bridge"
19990833-M.jpg

I have plenty more. Thanks for looking.

Lovely photos. Just my style. I like each and everyone of them! The broken billboard and the No Trespassing sign are my favourites, though. That blue, blue sky ... I love it when it is like that. Good backdrop for some interesting motifs!

Thanks very much Lafoto...I think my favorites of the bunch are the no tresspassing and the billboard as well. I really like what the CP polarizer did with the sky. Thanks for your comments!

Nice work. My fave is the billboard.

really nice series! very crisp and great colours!

very cool. the billboard is my fave too.
its interesting to see places i've never been. thanks for the mini tour...

Thanks LRJ. I'll upload a few more tonight or something if anyone is interested. I took about 275 pictures that day. There are plenty more keepers I think. Sometimes I think my subject matter is boring for some people, but I like it. I'm in this old dilapidated subject matter phase right now. I'm happy taking the pictures and how they turn out, just feel like they are boring for people to see.

I'll give a couple more photos a try tonight.

thanks again everyone!

they're all very good! the cave looks like an interesting spot...lets get a pick and hammer and see whats behind that wall!

Exactly. I actually have a friend that knows a guy's sisters brothers uncle...j/k, no this guy I know, his friend has apparently been digging around in some of these underground tunnels and theyr'e definitely not easy to get into, and once you get into them, there is some pretty scary stuff inside. I do know that there are inhabitants in certain areas. I really would like to go in there, but I'm not sure how safe I would feel.

But good point. It would be cool to get in there. I'll work on it.;)

Thanks for your comments JonMikal!

no problem, these photos are very good! i suppose if we dont hear from you in the near future we'll know you made it "in" :shock:

Most reactions

Back