Some from yesterday C&C Please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by realitycheck3907, Sep 15, 2008.

1. realitycheck3907

realitycheck3907 TPF Noob!

Will you guys please tell me what you think about these shots. Shot these at a local park and around town today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shrimpy

Shrimpy TPF Noob!

1&2. I really like both of these, and I like the way you captured the splashes perfectly. They seem to be fine from a technical standpoint as well. (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong?)

3. Eh, it's kind of a cliche shot to be honest, and the sky is dull and washed out.

4. Again the sky is just kind of a bright blank area that draws my eye to it instead of the actual subject.

3. realitycheck3907

Thanks shrimpy. It was a really cloudy day yesterday. Seems like everytime I want to shoot a flag somewhere its a cloudy day.

4. rub

rub TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    1) I think its ok - and is the best of the bunch, but would be better if you cropped out the bird on the left.

2) Doesn't do too much for me - might benefit from a tighter crop as well.

3) Hmmm - not too much I can say - its a flag. But the first thing I thought was its backwards. I'm from Canada, so I may be naive, but I think I have only seen the US flag when its the other way! Maybe flip the image...

4) Not sure what you are taking a picture of here. The composition makes me think that the sky is the subject, but the building is much more interesting. Unfortunately, you can only see part of it.

5. realitycheck3907

Rub thanks for the advice. I went back and cropped the first photo and the last one. The first one looks way better. Yes I was trying to catch the building and I was trying to capture the half circles on the side of the building. The building to the left of them was flat, thats why I put the sky in there. Would've been way better if the sun had been setting or something. Oh and the flag one your right, it was flying backwards. My wife told me the same thing, hehe.
    1. Cropped
    [​IMG]

4. Cropped
    [​IMG]