Some geometrical patterns (for Mentos :D - and all)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Both taken from the same, quite oblong barn of a farm in a village where a friend of mine lives (some 25 min by car from mine):

btersen1.jpg

btersen2.jpg

Mentos, your two photos reminded me of the fact that I took these two last Wednesday when I went to see that friend, we went for a walk round her place, I saw this barn out of the side of my eye and said: "Stop, hang on!" ... and only then she realised why I had brought that rucksack of mine and what was in it :D.

hmm, regarding composition, i think the first one is boring, and the second one really nice :) would push up the contrast a bit ...

yeah I like the second one a lot! but maybe you'd like to play with shadows/highlights and curves in PS? that are a really powerfull options there !! and here on these two shots you have some great texture shown! with shadows/highlight you may pop it up!

I agree I like the 2nd alot more very good!

I'll go against the crowd on this one, I find the door on the left and the sign 1956 adds interest to the picture. I might would have cropped the hanging window on the left, but I love that exhaust fan...
Cosmo

Cosmo, thanks for that :D ... I wanted to include that door (that was the first of the two before I zoomed in on only the windows and the vent) and the 1956 plus the plow made from klinker bricks into the wall above the door and those vertical vents ... and the reason why I did not crop that little bit of window on the right is: I wanted to keep the photo's normal print size (which here is 800x533px), and did - for that particular one - not want to lose neither gutter (top) nor path (bottom).
Maybe my decision was not so good and I should drop either of those plus that window?

I don't know what format you use when you print, I go by 8x10, 4X6 ect. But I really like the out of camera 6X9 format and also hate the cropping effect when pictures are sent to print. So I try and have my prints made 6X9, but go find a frame.LOL So I understand and have been there. Do you custom make a portfolio?
Cosmo

I wanted to keep the photo's normal print size (which here is 800x533px), and did - for that particular one - not want to lose neither gutter (top) nor path (bottom).
Maybe my decision was not so good and I should drop either of those plus that window?
Hmm.. I can see why you'd want to keep the top and bottom. I really like the gutter and the path. For me the only thing that takes away from the first is the bit of branch coming in from the left

Clone-tool-happy people who have a lot of patience are very welcome to remove that bit of branch for me :mrgreen:

(I am not overly happy about it, either, but ... :scratch: hmm, well, ... it was there!) :wink:

Although the brickwork plow above the "1956" sign in the first shot is very cool, I really really like the second shot. Good eye, Corinna.

I love both of these. What a great find! And your pictures certainly do it justice. Lovely.

Thank you all! :goodvibe:

Makes me happy.

And there was one interesting fact about this barn building that I did not manage to capture in either of these two photos (which were the only two I took, too) since I was out for a walk with my friend is that it is really long and these patterns repeat over and again! I would have liked to step closer and get that view, too, but... maybe next time...?

Though the brickwork plough and brickwork 1956 were only there once...

Most reactions

Back