some hardcore pinhole badassedness

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
just for fun i thought i would post these, hopfully everyone else out there will show me their pinhole work now!

feel free to critique and or comment . . . please.

191482939.jpg

191482931.jpg

191482925.jpg

191482920.jpg

191482916.jpg

the first and last were from my d70s with a hole in the body cap.

the rest were oatmeal boxes, or square boxes.

and ignore the text on the last one, this was a page from that bands press kit. you can here there music at www.deus-machina.com or at myspace.com/deusmachina i think.

#2 and #3 are my faves for sure. Sweet

bump, everyone post some pinhole stuff pleasee!! i miss it and have not done it in a while.

Don't we have special forums for these techniques somewhere? Isn't there that mysteryscribe posts his pinhole photography? I might have to move this thread over to there...

I'm in the process of refurbishing my pinhole camera. It's just a matter of drilling apertures and mounting them to lensboards.

Of course, my Scanner isn't working, since Windows isn't working. I'll see what I can do.

James load a windows 95 in the second system spot on the lenux crap. You will at least be able to work the Old scanners. Of course I have to switch to xp to make my scans no win 95 drivers even though I have usb. That is if you have tha lilo chick to help you pick a system...

I don't have Win95 to load, and wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole if I did. The only operating system I've had more trouble with than W95 is Win ME. Plus, my scanner requires ME or later.

WinXP loads just fine (yeah, I've got LILO on there), but as soon as I try to start a program, Explorer--not IE, but Explorer itself, the Windows shell--seizes up. Which means I can't resize windows, or even close them. Or start new ones. Or use ctl+alt+del.

Tomorrow, most likely, I'll go through the process of taking my computer apart to remove the Linux drive (Like hell I'm letting it get accidentally overwritten!) then reinstall ME, then reinstall XP over it, just like I'm supposed to do every three to six months. Then all the updates. My computer should operational again by Thursday. Thursday morning, if I'm lucky.

It's going to be a pain to reload all the device drivers, though... printer, scanner, sound card, webcam, etc. Plus all the other software.

If only hardware manufacturers supported Linux better... in a perfect world...

But what this all means in practice is... it'll be Friday before I can upload any new photos.

I think #s 2-4 have the best pinhole feel to them. I like #5 as an image but it doesn't speak to me of pinhole. :)

Nice stuff, let's see some more!

Oh, and this Alternative forum is for all your freaky non-digital images, so post away!

yes, digital may not get the classic resolution, however with my d70s on a sunny day (mind you the pinhole is not as small as previous ones i've made) i can hand hold it up to a 30th of a second.

but, you don't see many action type pinhole shots of people.
if only i could get the same stuff with my digital as on a piece of 4x5 film!!!!!

and no, not just by putting a card with a hole on it in front of your digital camera. first you need to remove the lens . . . .then you can do that.

ugh pinholes are really hard to get right, but yours are awesome i love number 2

Pinhole can be fairly easy to get right, if you're willing to conduct tests, define a procedure, and stick to it... and take the time to bracket. The more you do it, the easier it gets. A meter and metering conversion tables really help, too.

The most important thing is consistency, followed immediately by lighting. Both are absolutely critical to the process, especially with paper negatives. Film should give you a bit more leeway, but it's still pretty critical--as it is in all photography.

i hate the tables and have found you pretty much would have to make your own to use one successfully unless your using a fre-fab pinhole or somthing.

it just takes more practice and time. the attraction for me lies in the inconsistancies. the flare, the splotches from imperfections around the edge of the hole. i also like the tape marks from one of my cameras that i have to tape film in (or paper). if its under or overexposed o well somtimes it just makes you pay attentions to areas you wouldn't have previously.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back