Some Hawaiin Sunset Pictures C&C please

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dossantoslemone.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took some pictures of the sunset today. Let me know what you guys think I should do better next time.

1)
hawaiin1.jpg

2)
hawaiin2.jpg

3)
hawaiin3.jpg

4)
hawaiin4.jpg

The first thing I notice in the first picture is the light in the bottom left. Like all the photo's though.

They're all pretty nice.

#1 - As someone else said, my eye is immediately drawn to the light in the corner. I didn't even notice the sunset until I was about ready to move on to the next picture. It seems the interesting part of that shot is the scene in the courtyard of the hotel.

#2 - Looks nice. I like the composition, how it is, but it seems there's too much negative space in the photo in general. It just looke like there's too much water. This could be an opinion, however.

#3 - This is probably my favorite. I love the composition, with the moon kinda in the leaves of the last tree. Looks like you used a tripod and a slow shutter speed, which would account for the tips of the leaves having some motion blur. Must have had a bit of wind. Some people might have a problem with that, I think it looks fine for this shot.

#4 - I think I would have liked this one better without the fill flash. A silhouette of the palm tree would have been more effective I think than having it brightened by flash. I might have had a different opinion if the light hadn't dropped off the tree and bush at the edges and they were evenly lit. Fill flash isn't always needed, and in sunset shots, silhouette's will help set the mood a bit. Other than that, this is an excellent composition. It's just the kind of shot you'd expect to get from Hawaii, or another tropical beach.

The one thing I wasn't so happy with on the last one is that it has too much noise for me. It was shot at 800 iso :(

It still turned out reeeally nice though! #4 is my fav! The color came out amazing IMO. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for your comments! To the one that said "you should see how much noise I get at 800 iso" you should sell that rebel and buy a 20d then lol. You can pick them up for around 300 easily.

I'm saving my pennies. the plan is to buy a 50d and give the rebel to my girlfriend.

gee, that sounds familiar... :)

shortpballer: i like them all, but im really digging the 3rd one. really loving how that moon is just chillin up there waiting to be noticed. :)

I'm saving my pennies. the plan is to buy a 50d and give the rebel to my girlfriend.

gee, that sounds familiar... :)

shortpballer: i like them all, but im really digging the 3rd one. really loving how that moon is just chillin up there waiting to be noticed. :)

Yup me too!! It was just a snapshot too. No tripod or anything just walking by and took the pic. It turned out great luckily :)

Most reactions

Back