Some Help

Garcia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I pretty much got down to learning how to use macro quite well with little to no noise.

Now I am trying to take those action packed photos.

My attempt to get a dog biscuit shot in the air with my dog jumping. It came out fuzzy. I used a Canon S3 Powershot under action mode. Shudder speed is a lot faster in that mode. I do not know of the ISO , could be at auto it doesn't allow me to edit it in action mode.

Now what I want is to capture the biscuit in the air in perfect quality.

How? Does my ISO need to be low or high?

Here is the photo.

IMG_0234.jpg

Chances of the dog and the biscuit moving in the same plane, at the same speed and same direction are pretty slim.

The little S3 still has some shutter lag to contend with.

You might consider practicing at a local baseball diamond for little league.

There are a few problems here. Firstly, to freeze action you need a fast shutter speed...and the shutter speed is clearly too slow in this image. The next problem is that you don't have much light...which makes it hard or impossible to use a faster shutter speed to get the proper exposure.

Chances of the dog and the biscuit moving in the same plane, at the same speed and same direction are pretty slim.

Well one of them to be clear would have me happy.

There are a few problems here. Firstly, to freeze action you need a fast shutter speed...and the shutter speed is clearly too slow in this image. The next problem is that you don't have much light...which makes it hard or impossible to use a faster shutter speed to get the proper exposure.

I will see if I can adjust it for faster shudder speed and create proper exposure.

ISO would need to be high. However this would introduce noise. In this case you're not left with any option other than to use flash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back