Some Ice Shots from Ft Worth

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Brokepilot, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Brokepilot

Brokepilot TPF Noob!

Well we had a little ice this morning in Ft. Worth and as always the traffic was a mess. Having grown up in Minnesota and owning a Jeep I got a little frustrated with the drivers this morning, buit it did give me some time to take some pictures out of my window while waiting for the stopped cars at lights. The first couple of shots I took while stopped in traffic. In the other ones I jumped out of the Jeep and ran over to the fence that had some ice on it. Hope you enjoy these. I know I enjoyed seeing peoples' faces while I was standing out there taking pics.

The one of the statue I took on Saturday while it was raining and freezing. It is of the statue in front of the Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame. My daughter and I ventured out into the weather to take some pics and see the sights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    So you have to be in FORT WORTH in TEXAS to get some ice and frost!?!? For in Germany we don't even know what that is any longer!!!! It is ever so warm. The 3°C this morning felt "cold" ... while that is a very normal temperature for January. And during the day our temps rose to 10°C again... :roll:

Well of your (unfortunately not numbered) photos of the coats of ice around everything, I like the fourth (I think it is...) best of all. Nice composition, and that one's sharp ... you used a fill flash there? Good. Works!

3. Brokepilot

Brokepilot TPF Noob!

Sorry I'll number them the next time. No fill flash, just lucky with the way the sun was shining.

I was only in Germany in the summer for a few days, but it was beautiful. Nice and green, cool but not cold, and the beer was very good. Everything was really good there, especially after 6 months in the desert.

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was also in Germany for a short while, while on my home from the desert...luckily I was only gone for a few weeks, not months. The weather was nice for me as well.

Corina, if you really want some snow and ice...come visit me. We have had quite a lot of snow lately. In fact, just a few days ago...my mother-in-law was trapped at her home for two days because the snow had drifted over her driveway and the the road to their house.

5. ShootHoops

ShootHoops TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm waiting for ice in Southeastern Houston!

Nice shots!

6. John_05

John_05 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    where i live in NY we havent gotten any snow yet, and certainly no ice or freezing rain. its funny to me to see shots like that from TX when we havent gotten anything like that here yet. other parts of NY have gotten snow and ice, but we havent yet. ive had my windows open all winter so far, and havent had the heat on once.

nice shots. im still impatiently waiting for the opportunity to shoot some snow or ice here.

7. GrfxGuru

GrfxGuru TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Looks every bit as cold as it was :)