some identification?

Ecas32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i went to walmart today to print a 8x10 and was told that if i was ''going to take profesional looking pictures'' then i need either a copyright or some form of photography idetification.

i understand the copyright. actually i dont. how do i do it?

and what was he talking about when he said photography identification?

anyway, i got the print, but he said he shouldnt have let me.... but i guess it was a compliment!

-thanks
ethan

i went to walmart today to print a 8x10 and was told that if i was ''going to take profesional looking pictures'' then i need either a copyright or some form of photography idetification.

i understand the copyright. actually i dont. how do i do it?

and what was he talking about when he said photography identification?

anyway, i got the print, but he said he shouldnt have let me.... but i guess it was a compliment!

-thanks
ethan

Ask for one of their release forms and just fill it out for yourself. They have them at the photo counter you just need to ask. I have just gotten to know most of the people there. Its been to the point where at times they just hand me the envelope lol

Well the store is doing nothing wrong - if they print copywrited photos which are not owned by the person ordering the prints or they do not have a release to do so then they (the shop) can get in a lot of trouble over it. Also with the internet and the digital exchange of data (as well as CDs) some people do try to get their photos (let say wedding prints) either reprinted or printed at Walmart from the preview images from the wedding photographer as its cheaper.

Best thing is to set yourself up a website and then make some cheap ID cards with your basic details and website address - look professional. There are no real photographer "IDs" to have barring Press passes and the like - so the unofficial official ID cards are the next best thing to use. Plus you never know it might send someone to your site and you might make a sale (you never know ;)).

Adding a copywrite notice to your photos ( a small signature in the corner) and then proof of your ID (card, passport etc...) can also work very well.

Adding a copywrite notice to your photos ( a small signature in the corner) and then proof of your ID (card, passport etc...) can also work very well.

that the only reason he let me by.

but ok i like your idea about making cards
thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back