1:
hongkong03_016.jpg

2:
hongkong03_009.jpg

3:
hongkong03_187.jpg

4: posted this one in the critique section already
hongkong03_190.jpg

Looks like such an amazing place! I especially love the composition of #2 :)

I might just be a little crooked, but the horizon in #1 seems a little higher on the right...is this intentional?

Beautiful shots!

Thanks!
I might just be a little crooked, but the horizon in #1 seems a little higher on the right...is this intentional?

not crooked at all :) I was thinking about this myself ... actually the lens was not perfect, nor was the perspective. so I have the problem of the verticals not being parallel.
I decided for the tall building on the left to be exactly vertically aligned since it is the largest ... that leaves the buildings on the far right slightly tilted :(

maybe I should heavily postprocess ...

That first shot is a jawdropper...I love the lighting, and the tones. With the combination of the skyscrapers, the boat traffic and the hills in the background, it's like a one-shot encapsulation of how I imagine Hong Kong to be. I hope to see it myself someday. Thanks for sharing.

maybe I'll post a more complete series one day, with some street life as well ...

Good good good! Great job on number 1. Thank you for not trying to make it into something its not. Its just right where it is.

Good good good! Great job on number 1. Thank you for not trying to make it into something its not. Its just right where it is.

I am not sure I got the second half of ou comment though!?

That first shot is a jawdropper...I love the lighting, and the tones. With the combination of the skyscrapers, the boat traffic and the hills in the background, it's like a one-shot encapsulation of how I imagine Hong Kong to be. I hope to see it myself someday. Thanks for sharing.

i agree

Alex so we are neighbor :)

4 is definetly my fav, light and flags are nice, composition very good

I am not too much fan of the other;
1 is good too but too classical for my taste

Anyway good job

Mat

Alex so we are neighbor :)

Are we? ;) OK, on a larger scale we are (I am in Germany currently) ;)

4 is definetly my fav, light and flags are nice, composition very good

Thanks!

Well, seems that everyone has a different favourite with this set ... interesting!

I really like the first and fourth, as Antarctican said the first is a jaw dropper and I love the movement in the fourth from the flags

The more I look at the first one though, the more I think I have to do something about the horizon! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back