Some Indoor Photos

chantal7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some photos I took of a hotel we were staying at. From pictures 3 to 6, I wasn't sure which one I liked best, so I posted them all, hehe.

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0684e.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0680e.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

Are 3-6 the same picture?

I would suggest, when experimenting with different angles of the same subject, to pick the one you like the most to display.

I would suggest, when experimenting with different angles of the same subject, to pick the one you like the most to display.

Well she said in the first post that she wasn't sure which one she liked the most so she just posted them all. I have done that too and had people complaining and nitpicking as well :p lol.

Anyway the more I look at the first picture the more I like it. I guess it's the sun shining through the entrance and the creepy old looking walls that makes it so interesting. Well done!

Yeah, I usually do that, but this time I felt like posting a few more than usual, to see what others thought. I have taken a few more than these ones, so technically, I did pick out my favorites; but now I gotta pick out my favorites from the favorites - lol.

Eh, thanks Hobbes - seems most like the first one the best so far.

heh Well it's not like there are rules against you posting two or more pictures that look similar :p. I think the second picture would look really good if the lights on the ceiling were off and that old chandelier was on.

i like the way you capture those photos..

The brick photos look cool too if you rotate them so they look like they are the floor.

#1 has some good things going for in in terms of balancing the light and the negative space. It's got good leading lines that terminate in a focal point. Excluding the ceiling was an excellent choice. This is very pleasant image to look at.

#2 Including the ceiling takes the mystique away from the image (that same mystique that's there in #1). By including the overhead lights, it looks underexposed esp re: the dangling light fixture. Where it blows out, you can see some pretty heavy chromatic aberration (purple halos around the lights).

The others don't do anything for me. Good experiments with DOF but they're under-exposed with a fairly narrow tonal range. (The latter would likely be mostly eliminated by a proper exposure.)

FWIW, I keep scrolling down while writing this to sneak looks at #1 over and over again. I really like it.

I am pretty much with Rufus. #1 is the only one that I really like. It has a very horror movie feeling to it. Makes me wonder if it was creepy staying at this hotel...?

#1 has some good things going for in in terms of balancing the light and the negative space. It's got good leading lines that terminate in a focal point. Excluding the ceiling was an excellent choice. This is very pleasant image to look at. Thanks glad you like it!

#2 Including the ceiling takes the mystique away from the image (that same mystique that's there in #1). By including the overhead lights, it looks underexposed esp re: the dangling light fixture. Where it blows out, you can see some pretty heavy chromatic aberration (purple halos around the lights). Yeah, I totally know what you mean here. The ceiling ruined that one, haha

The others don't do anything for me. Good experiments with DOF but they're under-exposed with a fairly narrow tonal range. (The latter would likely be mostly eliminated by a proper exposure.) What do you mean by tonal range? Never heard of that before.

FWIW, I keep scrolling down while writing this to sneak looks at #1 over and over again. I really like it. Haha :sexywink:

I really like the pics......the brick shots stand out to me though.

They stand out? How so? They are kinda underexposed :p

I am pretty much with Rufus. #1 is the only one that I really like. It has a very horror movie feeling to it. Makes me wonder if it was creepy staying at this hotel...?

Haha - it was a cool feeling standing in there. It was definitely something different, that's for sure. I wouldn't say it was creepy, although it appears that way.

What do you mean by tonal range? Never heard of that before.

When you have something that doesn't have a wide range of colors (think like a black and white image, or a sepia image, or the image there of the bricks where the predominant and probably all colors fall within a very narrow range), the way you create dynamism and interest is to vary the tones from light to dark. Wide ranges o those will, in many cases (but of course not always) create a better image.

When you have something that doesn't have a wide range of colors (think like a black and white image, or a sepia image, or the image there of the bricks where the predominant and probably all colors fall within a very narrow range), the way you create dynamism and interest is to vary the tones from light to dark. Wide ranges o those will, in many cases (but of course not always) create a better image.

I think I understand what you mean, hehe, :) Wide ranges as in one like this, instead of the other way around? (except, I totally underexposed this picture - lol)

IMG_0679.jpg

Most reactions

Back