Some Irish scenery

Steve Reddin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A photo I took of a castle a few miles from where I live called the Rock of Dunamaise

Rock_of_Dunamaise.jpg

C&C welcome, if you like it great :D but I prefer critiques.

Steve

I love castles. Wish we had some here in the states. Oh well. I like the photo. Nice composition, I think. However, to me, on my monitor, it looks a bit over exposed. I think some of the bright spots on the castle might be blown.

Hi,

Thanks for the comments, but I would disagree with the exposure points, there are none on my monitor and I have calibrated it to match my printer colours so I'm fairly sure that, as the printed version doesn't have blown out areas, the photo doesn't either.

I've read your bit on C&C et al and I agree with it, so I'm not just being defensive of my work. (In fact, before I read it I had already stated I wanted critiques, not praise.) I have had this comment before where I know it not to be the case, in fact my brother messed with the colours on his wedding photographs before he printed them and they were viewing them on a laptop of all things!!!!

Honestly, rolls and rolls of Fuji Pro400, but no, apparently GIMP knows better...

Steve

Steve
If not overexposed, they are very bright.

The comp is good and it is an interesting topic. I always wonder why certain portions are still standing...how much was mother nature or human hands involved in the demo.

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback, don't know what to say on it though, there are no spots too bright on a print so I'm happy on that side of things.

Regarding things standing or not, I know Cromwell attacked this particular castle so he'd have done a fair amount of damage to it, but I don't think it was in use then in any event. So half human hand, the rest nature, it is on a very exposed point so I can't image weathering has helped.

Steve

nice capture.

I agree, the picture is too bright, it need some shadow and dark coloring....

I would make the sky a little greyer, you know, to make the composition look important and serious.

You will see immediately how the entire outlook changes. Try it out

Most reactions

New Topics

Back