kellywpatterson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
l_0eafbeffa28b95d2979fd574c41c4f8a.jpg

l_ed3b49ae385e2799dea18130bec8cd4e.jpg

l_e1c0b066f4995f28483738b3294bcab8.jpg

l_46588c87c25e2f58bfa07268e6d69862.jpg

l_27ea63f51ba9d277d0c6049199adc722.jpg

Let me know what you think. Technical and subject-based comments are both welcome.

Thnx!

I think they work out compositionally except for too much sky in two of them (1 and 4) and are great to look at! Nice work

I prefer the shots with clouds. In those the interest extends right across the image. If I was taking these landscapes I'd definitely be looking for either some foreground interest (a fence, person, building, etc), or a very definite distant point that a viewer's gaze would settle on. I'd also be trying some shots that didn't include sky at all, or were 2/3 or 3/4 sky (if there were some interesting clouds :D.)

Regards, Tony

Quite pretty. 2 & 3 do for me.

Thanks guys. I agree that it's better when there are clouds in the sky. Unfortunetly, nature doesn't always cooperate. In fact, I see alot of mountains that would make for a great picture except the sky is not accommodating. Especially in winter you get alot of white-outs. :(

I like the first set better, but the hub cap in one of them is cool

I don't know why you added more photos to the first lot, and in the same thread even, when the first were already quite many to critique...

But when it comes to compositional detail and ideas about better composition, best do listen to tb2. He is the best photo composer I know. He sees ALL the detail and knows how to put it together for superbly composed photos consistently!

I don't know why you added more photos to the first lot, and in the same thread even, when the first were already quite many to critique...

I figured that it would be easier to have one ongoing thread of a certain subject type, rather than having multiple threads scattered throughout.

I certainly could be wrong, but it seems to me that it is simpler that way.

2 is the best

Number 2 because with the different colours of the mountains it shows how far the mountains stretch infront of you, I think it captures the real beauty, where as for me the others dont quite cut it.

Most reactions

Back