Some local bands playing at the Hive

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just something basic today. I got so sick of not having touched my camera for a few months that I had to grab it and go shoot something. I ended up at the Hive to take some photos of a few local bands playing at an all ages event. Here's the pick of the crop: Larger images available at my flickr page: Flickr: garbz's Photostream

3545187081_68906ee614.jpg

3545187189_d8e3fbda19.jpg

3545995568_9e696490d4.jpg

One guy got a bit crazy:

3545187465_7a0534eb50.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I really enjoy the pictures. I like the rawness of them and the fact that no one is posing, but rather just playing. I especially like the last one. Now not because of the guitar player, but the drummer behind him looking like he's putting everything into the lyrics!!

Thanks guys, yeah that last band was playing with their heart and soul.

I was considering using a flash at one point to get around the "urine coloured lighting" as one of the bands described it.

That blue side light helped a little with the "urine coloured lighting" (it looks really ugly and is only saved by the blue!), and that is why I personally like the first photo best, as they get such a nice outline "painted on them" by that blue light. What kept you from taking up your camera in all those months? New work?

Lack of motivation unfortunately. Jobless, money draining fast, and a few hobby projects at home sucked away the time too.

But no more. Wedding in 2 weeks will at the latest be my next photography gig :)

Someone ELSE's wedding, you mean to say?
For at first when while reading my eyes arrived at "wedding in two weeks" I thought "WHAT? He never told!" ;)

Most reactions

Back