Some Macro Work In The Garden

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by AudioInjectedSoul, Apr 30, 2005.

1. AudioInjectedSoul

AudioInjectedSoul TPF Noob!

Just went out this morning and took some photo's of flowers. Sorry if I'm spamming these boards, I don't mean to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any opinions, good or bad, I'd be happy to hear them! :)

-Steve-

2. Sand_On_The_Breeze

Sand_On_The_Breeze TPF Noob!

The first and third ones are really nice.

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that on the second one, parts of the flower are out of focus. You also might want to try blurring the background to make the flower stand out.

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The first looks more like a bouquet to me than like flowers in the garden, but what does it matter? It is nice, all the same. What filter did you use to make it this soft.

In the second, indeed, your autofocus seems to have played tricks on you, focussing the leaves behind the blossom instead of the blossom itself. It's a pity when that happens. Personally, I don't keep those photos. Plus - to be on the honest side - I don't like to see the use of flash with flower photos. Their colours always seem to go that tiny bit off... and the leaves reflect the light in an unnatural way.

The third one, however, is just beautiful. I would say "perfect" if it wasn't for the lefthand upper corner. You changed something about the background there and it shows oh! so clearly...

The third is

4. AudioInjectedSoul

AudioInjectedSoul TPF Noob!

Thank you guys! Yeah, my camera isn't great at focusing, so it's a bit of trial and error trying to get the focal points right, and not blurred. It gets quite annoying after a while :)

Yep the first one is a bouquet, I guess I didn't put it in the title, sorry if I misled you or anything! I think I used a bit of an artistic filter in Photoshop Elements, opacity set to around 50-60%. I think I used a tiny amount of Gaussian Blur as well, to soften things up.

My camera won't let me do a low shutter speed without flash so I cover it up with my fingers or tape or whatever, I find it looks better. Yeah on the third one I tried to blur the background, but there was so little of it, I guess it didn't really work and stood out like a sore thumb :)

Any more comments are greatly appreciated!

-Steve-