Some Middle School football from last season (2009)

Travis F

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just sharing some more images. I am fairly new here and figured there's no better way to introduce myself than to show some of my work.....

CC always welcome and appreciated. I should probably note that all of these images are untouched straight out of the camera. When I shoot a game I get rid of the OOF images and images that have no way of being saved, other than that I resize and upload so that parents/players can see the images quickly. Probably not the best idea but, I don't shoot much sports anymore. Too bad really because I enjoy it.

674461950_3E8NF-XL.jpg

674469891_hxBAk-XL.jpg

674471795_ramQJ-XL.jpg

674472281_4tBA7-XL.jpg

674485134_exAPP-XL.jpg

674485882_ZHoW5-XL.jpg

Seems like youve missed the focus on a few, if not most. But they're sports shots, and the focus isnt always easy to nail from what ive heard. That being said, you've actually managed to catch some very nice photos for just starting out. The Depth of Field is very pleasing too. Good job~

Seems like youve missed the focus on a few, if not most. But they're sports shots, and the focus isnt always easy to nail from what ive heard.

Really, I'm not seeing OOF on these images. Maybe I need new glasses (I don't wear glasses at the moment.. LOL). I actually tried to make sure that I wasn't posting anything that might be slightly OOF. Oh well, back to the drawing board as they say :blushing:....

Nailing focus isn't easy but, it is crucial. That's fo' sho'

Thanks for commenting. I'll have to go back and look at the full size images to make sure I didn't post crap. :lol::lol:

Travis

Seems like youve missed the focus on a few, if not most. But they're sports shots, and the focus isnt always easy to nail from what ive heard.

Really, I'm not seeing OOF on these images. Maybe I need new glasses (I don't wear glasses at the moment.. LOL). I actually tried to make sure that I wasn't posting anything that might be slightly OOF. Oh well, back to the drawing board as they say :blushing:....

Nailing focus isn't easy but, it is crucial. That's fo' sho'

Thanks for commenting. I'll have to go back and look at the full size images to make sure I didn't post crap. :lol::lol:

Travis

Nah, your good with the focus, don't worry. I think he's referring to the ones that aren't tight crops, which just might be a case of you not using a super long lens so you didn't want to crop it and have it look a tad grainy.

These are also shot in some tricky conditions but you seem to have done pretty well...It's not easy shooting where the background has more light than the foreground...

The last one just doesn't do it for me, though. I know you were going for the rule of thirds type of picture here, but the fact that theres people in the background, and the referee hovering there, it just doesn't do it for me...Also, the couple that look like they're making out in the top row of the bleachers is kind of distracting.

Focus looks good to me in all except #2, where it appears a slight bit in front of the QB.

The last one just doesn't do it for me, though. I know you were going for the rule of thirds type of picture here, but the fact that theres people in the background, and the referee hovering there, it just doesn't do it for me...Also, the couple that look like they're making out in the top row of the bleachers is kind of distracting.

Hehe, I included that shot because it's my nephew kicking the ball. Maybe a little more sentimental value than photographic value. I never noticed the kissing couple in the bleachers, man you have some hawk eyes :lol:!

Thanks for the comments! Much appreciated.

Travis

Focus looks good to me in all except #2, where it appears a slight bit in front of the QB.

If I remember correctly I had a 2x TC attached for that photo, maybe that added to the softness of it. That combo gets heavy after a while, or at least throws the balance far enough forward to make it a little more awkward for me.

I get a little wobbly hand holding that beast sometimes....

Ooops, forgot I never mentioned what these were shot with. I keep referencing it but never mentioned it. All images taken with Canon 40D and Sigma 120-300 f/2.8. Image #2 with a 2x TC attached at 600mm f/5.6, if memory serves me correctly.

Thanks for commenting and looking,
Travis

Most reactions

New Topics

Back