Some monkeys

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was a bit behind on pp of the pics i made the last few weeks...so here are the monkeys (ok, the first isnt a monkey)
AquaZoo058.jpg

AquaZoo059.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Monkey!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
(and lemur?)

Although, I think technically, legally speaking, you aren't allowed to photograph anything that's not creepy and insecty.

All of your work is wonderful to look at. Monkeys are my favorite tho :p Were these taken at the zoo?

I thought a lemur was a species of monkey? I could be wrong. Havent watched Animal Planet in a while. ;)

Great shots!

A lemur is a Prosimian (sp?) ... similar but earlier branch... if I remember correctly :p

Zada is correct, so lemurs arent real monkeys but very close relatives :) And these were shot in a zoo.
Sorry i went out and shot other things than bugs, but summer is kinda ending here and the bugs are starting to find a place to get through winter :)
Thanks for the comments everyone :)

The first one is nice. And square really works for it!

Lemurs are endemic to the island of Madagascar, this means that they are only found on this island. Something like 98% of Madagascar's species are only found on the island and this is because way back in evolution the island was sepearated from all the other land masses and its species evolved completely independently of everything else on Earth. So, as somebody else put, they are closely related, but are not actually monkeys (Zada: prosimians is the correct spelling).

Great shots doenoe. Are you on DA? We have a primate club if you're interested at all. It is called primateclub if you want to look it up.

thanks for the replies :)
Neo: im not on DA and i dont shoot alot of primates. I was just walking around in the zoo hooting pretty much everything that moved. But thanks for the invite :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back