Some more Air to Air Shots

Crazymainer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Was digging throu some old pics and came across some neat items.

The first Two are Ryan L-17B Navions we were out for are weekly formation flying training.

File0022.jpg

File0017.jpg

The Last one is a Shot I took from the Waist Station of a USAF KC-135R we wer on are way back to the States just coming over the North Alantic as the Sun was setting. We were at 40,000 ft. with 24 F-15 From Langley AFB in a stagger Formation.

File0014.jpg

Hope you all enjoy them.

Cheers Crazymainer

Hi Ant,

Thats what you get when you shot out a rather dirty plexi. The second one we are holding station waiting for the rest of the flight to take position.

We had seven of us up that day, great fun but since I was the Saftey Guy that day I was able to get some photos. We also use the the photos to check are formation and station flying.

In the first one we drift alittle to close, this is what happens when you are trying to stay with your Station lines and not watching your drift. This is a common problem with formation flying but after some practice its easy to overcome. Alot of it has to do with your power settings and to remember to kept your plane atleast one drop up or down in the position.

Cheers Crazymainer

Hi Guys,

Here are a few more.

File0034.jpg

File0037.jpg

File0036.jpg

File0035.jpg

File0040.jpg

File0039.jpg

File0038.jpg

The photos in order

1 O-2B Berlin Corridor Mail Plane
2 L-17B holding station while we reform with two other Navions
3 L-17B holding station while we do a duck and tuck position change
4 Coming over NAS Brunswick while a P-3C Orion rolls for a take off we caught up with the P-3 20 minutes later
5 Mass Ang F-15B holding position on a MeAng. KC-135E Tanker over the Cape
6 Another MassAng. F-15B coming up onto the Left side of the Tanker
7 Yours Truely in the backseat of my friends T-34B while we were up shoting a T-6 flight over Central Maine.

Cheers Crazymainer

Great Eagle shots. I'm so envious. :)

It's not an F-15B though. The B model is a two seat conversion trainer and the canopy shape is very distinctive. That's either an F-15A or an F-15C

nouseforaname, I love the tiger moth shot. Excellent

Hi Ant,

Yup I goof they are F-15A with the B instruments upgrades.

The flight was a blast we had these along with VeAng. F-16 and a Looking Glass up with us.

Was up today with the T-6 Doing some Touch and Go before the plane heads to the shop for overhall.

Cheers Crazymainer

Most reactions

New Topics

Back