Some more electrical equipment

Olympus8MP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thecodesource.solarbotics.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heres some more photos of electrical equipment in the engineering labs.

rotor-stator.JPG

switches.JPG

3 - A Tesla Coil in action. Woo-Hoo! High-Voltage!!!

tesla1.JPG

Pic #1.. depth of field too shallow.

...Look.@ #28 just to the right.. THAT.. IS WHERE IT APPEARS, YOU HAVE FOCUSED. (WRONG PLACE, in my opinion)

#2. much better.. depth of field..!

#3. I don't know what I am looking at. ? ( I am an electrican w/40 yrs)!

Pic #1.. see the # 28 ? just to the right.. see how incredibly sharp it is.. now look at the #48

you want maximum depth of field.. to make an image.. POP!

sometimes razor sharness is awesome. and sometimes it is KNOT!

i ALWAYS.. .. shoot for maximum depth of field... I have worked as a journeyman wireman for over 40 yrs.. retired.. I have worked professional photography same amount of time!

I haven't touched a camera since 1990!.. I have other passions now!

I make outragous money from my photographs..I had to melt snow for six months!! just to get the water to develop the color film I live with Eskimo's!! majikimaje.com MSIE only!!

no longer a Noobee? moving up..! good for you!! .. practice practice practice.. !!!

http://majikimaje.com/drkrm15.jpg yes I have had 15 drk rooms.. !! this was 79 my eskimo photos started in 82 out on the ocean ice!

Pic #1.. depth of field too shallow.

...Look.@ #28 just to the right.. THAT.. IS WHERE IT APPEARS, YOU HAVE FOCUSED. (WRONG PLACE, in my opinion)

#2. much better.. depth of field..!

#3. I don't know what I am looking at. ? ( I am an electrican w/40 yrs)!

Pic #1.. see the # 28 ? just to the right.. see how incredibly sharp it is.. now look at the #48

you want maximum depth of field.. to make an image.. POP!

sometimes razor sharness is awesome. and sometimes it is KNOT!

i ALWAYS.. .. shoot for maximum depth of field... I have worked as a journeyman wireman for over 40 yrs.. retired.. I have worked professional photography same amount of time!

I haven't touched a camera since 1990!.. I have other passions now!

I make outragous money from my photographs..I had to melt snow for six months!! just to get the water to develop the color film I live with Eskimo's!! majikimaje.com MSIE only!!

no longer a Noobee? moving up..! good for you!! .. practice practice practice.. !!!

http://majikimaje.com/drkrm15.jpg yes I have had 15 drk rooms.. !! this was 79 my eskimo photos started in 82 out on the ocean ice!

In pic #1 I had to use a wide aperture so that I could hand-hold the camera in the low-light levels in that lab. Therefore, the DOF is shallow.

Pic #3 is a Tesla Coil. It is basically a magnetically coupled resonant circuit capable of producing extremely high voltages. This coil is a 0.5 megavolt (500,000 V) coil. We have a 1 megavolt (yeah thats right... 1 million volts) coil, but it can't be used indoors for safety reasons. Here is the wikipedia entry explaining it in detail.

Question? dew yew have a tripod Sean ?

the diff.. would be awesome.!!

Yeah. I used a tripod in photo 3. Photos 1 and 2 were hand-held due to space constraints. (they are on a wall behind a rather large bench, and I couldn't get the angle i wanted without hand-holding the camera)

EDIT:
Here is a better picture I took of the effects of the tesla coil:

tesla.JPG

Ashtabula Harbor Lift Bridge
Night-Time photo of Ashtabula Harbor's Lift Bridge, including the flag at half-mast for President Ford.

nice nice.. I think.. you used a small f-stop..meaning f16 ?

the reason I say that is because I have a similar photo.. nite only. bridge is down.. my shot was 1 mnute @ f45!

same stars are on lights!! maximum f-stop does that w/lights at night!

http://majikimaje.com/bns.jpg Exposure time of your shot ??

jsut curious..

YOU sure made me laugh laugh laugh! Oh how I remember! my first photo job.. $25 bucks.. THAT is what cracked me up .. when I saw on your site! DON'T YOU DARE!! USE THAT #.. 25.00 your selling your self SHORT!

YOU obviously have a color printer ? no ? yes ? how else would you be able to make prints for people ?

I know many many easy ways to make $$ with a camera.. I got 37 years experience at this.

I am gonna share some of MY secrets with you.. to help yew get through college with all the money you want/ need!

hows that for a start ! ?

High in the Arctic Eskimo.. that is my thread! check it out if you can.!

whatcha got for a printer ?

are you near any construction job sites ? steel going up into the air ?

THAT .. IS ONE. awesome way to make big bucks! CONSTRUCTION JOBS!

every one of them.. NEEDS PHOTOGRAPHS! Job reports.. site data etc.

golf courses. ..Little league games.. whoa!!! and of course.. I smiled really big when I saw.. auto shows !! OH YES !! BIG BIG BIG BUCKS

13 X 19" $80 BUX!.. .. !

IN 1973.. .. .. .. KODAK.. .. HAD 10 million.. on the table for ME!

I have never ever. taken one course in photography.. but I have TAUGHT at college.. w/pros! and color labs were fighting over hiring me.. uh uh. $12.00 per hour. ? ha ha. nope. I ain't gonna quit my job for no $12bux ph.. not when I am making 22 an hour as an electrican!

you wanna learn from a pro ?? I can spend the time to teech yew !!

so you can easilly make $$ and git through college! in a more comfortable manner!

two years ago.. a Photographer from Paramount studios came into our gallery.. Majik Imaje in anchorage!! he walked in.looked around and exclaimed.. WHERE?? DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL? TO LEARN ??? HOW TO SHOHT LIKE THIS???.. I laughed ! then I said, "I have never ever been to school for photography! he said.. "your full of shat! YOU JUST DIDN'T LEARN THIS.. BY YOURSELF. nope.. someone taught you how to do this."

More .. ... L8r !! eye gotta run!........" polar bear" OUTSIDE OUR HOUSE!

Thats why I say as little as $25. A lot of the people in my area aren't going to spend $80-$100 on a photo. They just don't have that much money. I could just do a photo shoot with friends cars from work and see what they are willing to pay. I updated my site anyways :D Thanks, I take that as a serious compliment.

I seem to have lost the EXIF data on that lift bridge shot. If I remember correctly, I used a small aperture (> f/11) and about 50 seconds.

And my printer sucks lol. I have my photos printed at wal-mart, unless theyre really nice, then I have them printed at a lab.

I'll take the little league idea and run with it :D We have a little league team in ashtabula, I'll have to see if they have a photographer.

Most reactions

Back