Some more from tsavo east

lisamombasa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
FullSizeRender(52).jpg

a lioness with her cubs.although im not sure if they were all hers as there was a whole pride.

FullSizeRender(5).jpg

a herd of buffallo shortly after a lion attack.(a failed attack)

CSC_1003.JPG

a buffallo that wasnt so lucky.this photo was adited on camera should have left it in its origional colour

FullSizeRender(10).jpg

zebras running away from the vehicle.there werw some lions in the distance hiding in the grass but were too far to show on the photo

FullSizeRender(22).jpg

an elephant cow and her calf at a water hole.

CSC_1216.JPG

lions resting after a failed attack on a herd of buffallo.

FullSizeRender(30).jpg

old elephant bull

FullSizeRender(48).jpg

elephants eating thorny branches from a tree they made to fall

FullSizeRender(25).jpg

buffallo from a different angle.probably the way a lion sees them

Sorry guys for the many photos.just thought since im new i post a few of my older shots.all taken with my nikon d3200 18-55mm.

Nice shots - the first one is my favourite. Could you tell us where these were taken as I am not sure where tsavo east is. Africa is one of my favourite places to visit (I have been five times) and it is always nice to know where these images were shot.

I would ask that you number your images when posting more than one or two. This makes it easier for a reviewer to refer to an image rather than having to flip back and forth to be sure they have the right one that they are commenting on. Also, it makes it easier for you, as the poster, to know which one is being referred to.

WesternGuy

I am so glad you've joined the forum. I love your images. I believe the zebras are my favorite from this set.

Thanks will make sure to do that next time

That would be great. Now for the first question - where is tsavo east? Thanks. :thumbyo:

WesternGuy
So sorry i forgot about that.tsavo east is in kenya.its the largest park in kenya all together if i am not wrong i think its about 22000 square kilometers.its devided i to tsavo east and west which are devuded by a main road running through them.mist people that visit kenya like to visit masai mara or amboseli.which are much smaller so the animals are not as far spread giving the visitor the chance to see all big5 in just a day or two.where as in tsavo its upon luck.you do see alot of elephants and other animals too but more spread out than in the other parks.what i like about this park is that it ist over populated with tourist vehicles giving you as photographer the chance to get good shots without having to wait your turn untill all other vehicles have left.its a great place.thers also a great story about this place of two maneless maneating lions disrupting the building of the kenya uganda railroad.the book or movie is called the ghost and the darkness.most lions here in tsavo are maneless or sparesely maned.sorry for the long posthope this gives you some info atleast.

Very nice set! Red elephants are very cool.

Thanks will make sure to do that next time

That would be great. Now for the first question - where is tsavo east? Thanks. :thumbyo:

WesternGuy
So sorry i forgot about that.tsavo east is in kenya.its the largest park in kenya all together if i am not wrong i think its about 22000 square kilometers.its devided i to tsavo east and west which are devuded by a main road running through them.mist people that visit kenya like to visit masai mara or amboseli.which are much smaller so the animals are not as far spread giving the visitor the chance to see all big5 in just a day or two.where as in tsavo its upon luck.you do see alot of elephants and other animals too but more spread out than in the other parks.what i like about this park is that it ist over populated with tourist vehicles giving you as photographer the chance to get good shots without having to wait your turn untill all other vehicles have left.its a great place.thers also a great story about this place of two maneless maneating lions disrupting the building of the kenya uganda railroad.the book or movie is called the ghost and the darkness.most lions here in tsavo are maneless or sparesely maned.sorry for the long posthope this gives you some info atleast.

Thanks. When I was there, we visited Amboseli and the Masai Mara (like "good" tourists). If I go again, I will keep these two in mind.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back