some more of my photos

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi again

I'd appreciate some C&C on a few more of my photos. I'm also reposting the train done in B&W and without the wires. The bridge and the last barn photo were taken with a {Film} Minolta Maxxum 7000 SLR with a 70-210 zoom. All the others were taken with an Olympus P&S D520 zoom.

Thanks

1. Train

niceengine2BWtpf.jpg

2. Spider web

web2noflashtpf.jpg

3.Covered Bridge

WEHRbridgeLehigh.jpg

4.Oley Barn

olerybarnBWTPF.jpg

5.Lower Macungie Barn

blcfortpf.jpg

6. Fleetwood barn

fbtpf.jpg

i like the train.. its very nice.. but i would like to point out that you have some cutting-off to do after those clone works at the top. the edge kinda sticks out at 2 or 3 places... i also really like the barn #4. its very nice.

The web picture is very cool.. thats a huge web.. nice.. it kinda reminds me of a photo my bro took in India. He doesnt like this photo much coz of the slight shake.. but i like how it looks eventhough the shake is evident.

WebMasterByShah.jpg

I like 4 and 5 best. On 5 I'd like it even better without the wire in it.

The spider web is nice. Two things I can suggest is to have a shallower DOF to reduce the distraction of the wooden fence and (this will require patience) wait for the creator to emerge.

The architecture is nice. On #5 & 6, try to edit out the power lines.

I also think #5 could to with a little more midtone contrast to bring out the texture of the bulding.

I agree with Stella.. and also if you can get rid of those power lines in #5, its gonna look good too.. its gonna give it that old age look.

you might wanna try out tutorials on PS about vintage look effects.. #5 would be great subject for such an effect.

I took the lines out of both sides. Cleaner, no?

(Pls. ignore the blotchy sky - I got bored fooling with it. :lol:)

blcfortpf_edited-1.jpg

nicely done stella :)

Thanks for all the comments I appreciate the input.

Stella- I see what you mean about the wires and yes it does look better without them. I didn't even know how to use the clone tool till yesterday after you mentioned removing the wires from the train shot. I thought about the barn wires after I posted the shot here, but was concerned about the wire's shadow on the barn - the thought never entered my mind that I could remove it's shadow too. Next time I'll know. Thanks.

Kundalini - thanks for the input, I wish I could have done something about the dof in the web shot, but it was taken with a P&S camera with no adjustments. I'm going to try harder to get rid of the power lines in the other shots. Thanks

FSquares - thanks for the comments. I like the spider shot you posted, luckily in mine I didn't get to meet its owner. I took the shot early yesterday morning and I sprayed the web with a misting bottle first.

Keith - I'm in Berks County and the bridge is the "Wehr" bridge. I think its actually in Lehigh county, I'm not sure exactly because the driving tour overlapped the two counties with a couple of the bridges. I have photos of Bogerts bridge and a few others too, but still need to scan them into my computer. I'm finding most of the bridges are really tough to shoot - between back country roads that are full of hills and blind turns with no place to pull over and then most of the bridges are surrounded by lots of brush making it all but impossible to get a side angle shot. Front shots are proving just as tough because townships have begun putting in large stop signs on the face of the bridge or constructed wooden arches at the bridge entrance with signs or traffic lights.

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate the help.

Most reactions

Back