Some more pics for C & C

newtotheforum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think I'm almost a month old with my camera. In the phase of learning about composition , tried to use what i learned (mainly with the lines), please let me know what is correct or incorrect in the pics. Thanks.

#1 F - 4.6 , Exposure - 1/30 , ISO - 200

DSCF0082.jpg

#2 F-7.1 , Exposure - 1/60 , ISO -200

DSCF0084-crop.jpg

#3 F-11 , Exsposure - 1/80 , ISO -100.

DSCF0087.jpg

I would try to get down on your belly for the pics, so it looks like you are eye level with the subject. The last one would have been a great picture if you where eye level shooting as if they were walking towards you.

All what i can say about your shots is that it reminding me of my first time into photography

You should make the background more interesting. Like Turtles crossing the street or something.

The second one would be really nice if it were cropped a tad

Unless you used a tripod, your shutter speed is too slow on #1 & #2, and borderline on #3. #3 is an interesting shot, I like the colors and lines and I'm wondering what the heck those turtles are doing. They're all inside the DOF which is good. But I would have experimented with different compositions and DOF here as there are a lot of ways to shoot this scene.

#1: You adhered to rule of 3rd which works well here, but I don't like the angle you're shooting at. With the blur, I can't tell if he has his mouth open or if it's a pattern on his neck. Also, the sliver of background at the top hints at a larger space behind the rock wall, but I'm not seeing enough of it for this element of the pic to be anything but frustrating. Either use it, or lose it.

#2 - There's a lot of blue glare off the water, off the turtle, and even some off the cement. Some white balance adjustment would help here. A polarized filter would also help here. It's a bit underexposed. The angle of the turtle isn't interesting either... he's looking away. I can barely see his eye and it's too dark for any detail. I would get lower, get in front of the subject, perhaps get both eyes. Or maybe get really low and shoot across so you can ONLY see his claw on the cement and maybe the very top of his shell to hint as to what is behind the curb... or just to have the claw as the subject. Just some ideas to try next time.

In one of my broadcast classes, we had a video assignment where we had to shoot through the eyes of an animal... and it had to be apparent what animal we were supposed to be by the video we shot. How would the viewpoint of a turtle looking at another turtle appear? Just something that may or may not be helpful in the future, but might be fun to play around with, especially if these guys are near where you live.

Why are you shooting at such hi f-stop numbers? Shoot wider open and speed up that shutter!

I like #2 and 3. on the last one, I'd crop out the water so that it was less of a distraction. I like the texture of the wood though. Nice work.

I really think the first shot would be great if it were more in focus. Reshoot?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back