Some more pic's of that big metal Bird

#6 and #8, i love in 8 how it show just how huge that thing is next to the little pickup. not to go to off topic but when is the next launch? they have what 2 more left?

Discovery launches Nov 1 at 4:40p.m. not sure about the other one.

from the area they let visitors watch how is it? my longest lens is 300mm on a crop, should i look into renting something longer and maybe a 2x? i plan to take my kids to see one of the final shuttle launches. i have always wanted to see one but never had a chance.

there are a few visitor areas, which one are you referring to? I usually shot from across the VAB building next to the Press area. I believe that is the closest spot you can get to. 300mm with a crop might be ok. I will go back and look and the last launch i shot and see what the focal distance used, not sure which lens i used!

Ya I dont think you are going to get many people that dont like these.

Outstanding shots, great job! :thumbup:

Don't get me wrong here, I've been a fan of these kind of things since before the first Mercury/Redstone days to the present time, but ......
.........what has this to do with Nature & Wildlife ?

Nice shots BTW....quite interesting.

they suck

ahaha im jk THEY ARE FRIGGIN AWESOME!
lucky to be able to snap those!!

Nice! Are you a photographer for NASA?

A Shot to the Moon

DSC_3171copy.jpg

Eric, I like these series more than your bird shots, if that is possible....

pretty cool documentary! but the third photo you show here rules big time! nice silhouet, the light and mist work well together!

Nice! Are you a photographer for NASA?

No photographer for Nasa...just a weekend warrior who always has his gear!:D

I am an Electrical Contractor with some contract work on the property which gives me access to most areas. I have some shots from Launch pad B which is being demoed. Cool to be close to so much space history! Can't wait for the launch, I should be next to the Media area for those shots.

Rifleman7......
Oh...the reason I posted in this forum is because it's the one I post the most in and wanted to share these with my Photo Forum friends!

Nice of them to light it so nice for you... A diffuser would have been a good idea... Mention that to them next time! :)

#8 gets my vote!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back