Some More Recent Work

Remarkable work!!! And from my point of view, you have enough originality, you don't need every, single shot to be experimental. I guess that, especially for a professional there's always the need for a part of the work to be a bit "mainstream" along with the need of developing a unique style. But that's just me :)

However excellent the shots are, a number of them do look like they could be taken by any other excellent photographer.
This is a good point. However, the same could be said about 99.99% of photographers, including you.

By the way, these shots have me floored. I normally get bored to death by portrait sessions, but looking at these photographs (thirty!!!) was really fun and inspiring.

These are great! The composition and focus is spot on.

A newbie to the forum here, but I absolutly love your work! Thank you for sharing!

im gonna have to follow your work. the basketball related shots were just awesoem.

#16 - the rims colours really compliment their wardrove imo. its great its a little rusty rim too. if it was a perfect/new one, i woulda probably paid attention to that instead.

Do you do any background softening or use a specific lens to get the effects in 9, 14, 28 and others??

I love the rich bokeh, beautifully executed. Would you mind sharing any tips?

Thanks for the comments, I pour over every one! Picturethis - welcome to the forum!

Sweetsomedays: I don't do any DOF editing in PS, all I do in LR/PS is colour balancing/enhancing I guess one might say, here is a 'round-up' of the lenses used and on which ones. This is from memory so there might be a mistake or two in there, but it gives you the general idea :)

24-70: 1,4,6,11, 19, 20, 25, 26
135: 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 18, 27
24 or 45mm TS: 2, 3, 14, 21, 22, 28, 29
15mm fisheye: 8, 16, 17, 23, 24
100: 15, 30

As for tips - nothing groundbreaking. I shoot relatively close to wide open as you can see by the EXIF data I posted, most of the time, and I generally try to overexpose by 1/3-1/2 of a stop. I find the colours are more rich straight out of the camera so.. that means less work for me later. Who hoo! One of the most important things I have learnt in my small experience with people photography is to keep chattering away as you are taking the photos - silence is deadly. I might be asking them to move this way or that, or to think about something, or how perfect their outfit choices are, or how jealous I am of there 'eyes/hair etc." that kind of thing. you have to mean what you say though.

That's all that can come to my mind right now :lol:

What does TS stand for? And thanks so much for sharing, it's very kind of you! Keep up up. I will keeping my eyes pealed for more of your work :)

Excellent work Brittany. You have proven why your subject can have their eyes closed and still make such an emotional impact.

I missed this one when it was new...must have been when I was home with the baby.

Anyway, they are great (as we've come to expect from you). I really like the basketball shots, very original and creative.

Most reactions

Back