Some more senior photos

Soraiden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here are the first photos I've ever taken! I posted one other on a different thread earlier :) I took them for my boyfriend's little sister & his mom and they just love them, so I guess that's the best part! I basically like them..except for some of the lighting/shadows...

She was fun to photograph & very relaxed with me. :D I'm addicted!

Photoshopped...obviously, tee hee. These are going to be some of her wallet portraits for her senior year this year.

IMG_0838smalldone.jpg

IMG_0897smalldone2.jpg

IMG_0822vividsmalldone2.jpg

framedflowersmall.jpg

So many people get so caught up in *traditional* senior portraits, glad to see you had fun with these. I'm sure they're pleased with them, and she'll have something none of the other girls will ;)

This "senior portrait" thing does not cease to amaze me, mostly so because it is something we haven't got over here. It seems to be "an institution" over in the States, THE thing to have when you enter your last year of High School, and actually I quite like the idea.

And I like how YOU put your boyfriend's younger sister into frame here, Jennifer - I have learned by all the "senior portraits" that I have so far seen here on TPF that it need not be a very formal photo (which at first I thought it would always be). Great chance for anyone to try out portrait photography for the first time...

LaFoto said:
This "senior portrait" thing does not cease to amaze me, mostly so because it is something we haven't got over here. It seems to be "an institution" over in the States, THE thing to have when you enter your last year of High School, and actually I quite like the idea.

And I like how YOU put your boyfriend's younger sister into frame here, Jennifer - I have learned by all the "senior portraits" that I have so far seen here on TPF that it need not be a very formal photo (which at first I thought it would always be). Great chance for anyone to try out portrait photography for the first time...

I couldn't get a lot of senior photos taken I was growing up (due to $$), but my parents did get me one, the one that was used for publication in the year book. :) So, I was more than thrilled to be able to help another young girl out with the same project. I wish I had access to one of me when I was younger! :)

I just realized how long of a title I referenced her with..."my boyfriend's younger sister"... hehe... seems like something in a crazy story... "so the other day, so & so told my my uncles, sisters, cousins, friends, dog..." :lmao:

Taking her photos was great fun... I ended up with just over 150, all taken in various places on this farm near her home. I couldn't believe how fast time went tho!

Thank you for your kind comments... Elsaspet & photogal! :)

Comments like these make me even more excited to keep learning...

woodsac said:
...and she'll have something none of the other girls will ;)

That is exactly what she told me :)!
Thank you!~

LaFoto said:

Weddings and senior pics are the two times in their life almost all Americans are willing to fork over the moola for a pro photographer. For many folks those will be the only photos they ever have taken by a pro.

Most schools have a photographer come and take every student's portrait at some point every year. The parents can buy prints, and the photo is used in the school yearbook. This is a mass production set-up. The photographer is in a room set up like a studio, and everyone comes in, sits in the same place, looks the same direction, and gets a headshot taken with the same backdrop, etc... as everyone else in the school. They are notoriously unflattering.

I guess for high school seniors folks figure that since the kids are about to graduate, and it's a milestone between childhood and adult life, that it's worth actually going out and hiring a photographer who will take the time to make it a more personal, flattering portrait.

Personally I think everyone deserves to have a good portrait session done every year. :)

Ksmattfish ~ I completely agree with everything you stated.

I think the last time I had a portrait session was in high school... and notice the lack of the word...good! :(

Most reactions

Back