Some new fall shots

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a few more of my new shots, from various locations.

hells_hollow.jpg

the_path3.jpg

paine_creek.jpg

in_the_gloaming.jpg

I have a funny story too, well maybe not funny.

A few minutes after taking that first photo, I was down the path a bit further, and near the edge, about 30 feet above the river, and taking some shots when my CF card filled up. I opened the door and pressed the little eject button to remove it. I must have pressed the button too hard, being in a hurry, and the card shot out of the camera like a bullet. I just barely got my hand on it and deflected it out over the edge of the cliff and down into the river :(

I searched for 10 minutes, leaning over the edge, and I finally spotted it. It took me about 30 minutes, with my pants rolled up, wading down the river to find the card, but I did, and after a full 24 hours of drying out, it worked! I got the images off of it! It was under 3 feet of water for over a half hour. Murky river water. I can't believe it. So, be careful when you remove your CF cards from now on!

Shot #2 there is from when I got down off of the path and started to walk up the river. I had put another card in to take more photos. Man, it was cold!

Great pics, all. :thumbsup:

:shock: What a story! I bet your toes were frozen wading into that murky water. I cant believe you were able to get the pics off the card!

:shock: Speechless for the first 2 frames!

Care to do a 'Landscape Photography Tutorial?' :)

Shazaam Matt! Those first two are just killers. Wallhangers for sure! :thumbsup:

Great save of the card. Truly would have been a crime to lose that first shot. :)

Thanks guys :)

Blutiful, yes, my toes were frozen :p My feet were numb by the time I got outta there. It was worth it though :)

Daniel, I don't know what to say about landscape photography other than, get out there and do it. I hike a lot and a long way sometimes to get to these places. Get a graduated neutral density filter, and well that's about it. The rest is photography basics. Composition, exposure. I always bracket, so if I need to I can combine two frames in phototshop to get more dynamic range. That second shot in particular is a combination of two shots, one metered for the rocks, and one for the rest of the scene.

Thanks Jim :)

Thanks Pilgrim :)

Doesn't anyone like the last two? :p

I never can hit my exposures just right. You just reminded me that I was going to hit a trail today, but now it's too late. Nice shots.

Great shots Matt. I like the third one the best, but they all are great shots. I wish fall lasted a while here in the Anchorage bowl, instead of a few days.

Thanks Geronimo and Nagala :)

Geronimo, I hear ya. Fall has lasted a bit longer here, but it is going fast, and I haven't had as much time as I'd like to go out and photograph it.

Here's a couple more that I finished today.

view_of_nature.jpg

hells_hollow2.jpg

I love that last one you just posted matt.
just like your first one, the yellows are just awesome.

damn, i want to go hiking now :p

Those are awesome, it's a terrific display of visual harmony with color

In addition to there being neat texture.

I dunno much about composition but those feel pretty balancy to me. Cozy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back