Some new girlfriend pics...

LEXTC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here's some of the batch that was taken yesterday. I did alittle touch up's and got rid of some stringy hair, changed the lighting alittle and added border to these few. There's soo many awesome pics but no time to play with them all!! As I edit some of the other new ones I'll post them here :)

1166DSC02845i.jpg

1166Untitl.jpg

1166DSC02800i-med.jpg

1166DSC02767i.jpg

I also took a quick vid of her dancing but I can't find a host that actually works. I tried putfile, yousendit, and uploadhut but they are all jacked up and never work for me.....

#3 is my favorite, the use of flash and a shallow DOF really make her stand out.

In the first two, I think her face is too dark. The use of fill flash or a reflector would have helped them a lot IMO.

nice work!

what format is your file, i may be able to host it to help you out. you can respond via a private message if you'd like.

Well, the on eI like is n.4 Maybe the ligt in her face is not so good as n.3, but what she's doing with her arms gives a nice effect. Like an spiral or something

Yea I have to get some lights. I only have on light now, it's a stanley shop light, a floor model. I saw a model that's on a tripod for $30 and it has 2 lights at Kmart. There aren't any photography/camera stores around me and the ones that I've been to the prices are outrageous.

I think I have to get more practice with lighting and using the flash. Sometimes I can get decent results but alot of times things don't come out the way I had invisioned.

Does anyone know of any place or website to get cheap equipment? I know one thing I want is one of them backdrop things for portraits. Oh well thanks for all the comments everyone!

I like n4 the best. The placement of her arms, the expression, and the hair. Shows something unique that your typical portrait shots. I do wish there was a bit fill flash and a nice twinkle in her eyes.

I still use a halogen work light from home depot for some of my indoor photo-experiments.. I also use a regular cheapo work lights with metal reflectors and 60 watt Philips natural light bulbs too.. I've had pretty good results... If the light is still too harsh, I purchased some heat resistant semi transparent plastic mylar ( sp? ) sheets from the cloth and materials stores. These sheets are used to make patterns for clothing designs but when clipped to the front of these lights make for some nice diffused lighting...

Yea I personally like the 4th one the best also. I agree that the lighting is alittle messed up but I kinda like how it turned out. I think it woudln't have the same effect if I had taken away the subtile shadows that cover her face and body. I like the little ray of light that comes across her.

Wow usayit you are the closest person to me that I've seen on this site!!

Do you have any pictures of your lighting setup that you are talking about? If not would it be too much to ask to take some pics of it so I will have an idea what to do? My floor stanley work light still has them metal protector bars infront of it, I'm scared to take the bars off because I know as soon as I do someone will touch the bulb or light and burn the sh!t out of themselves!!

Do you ever go to south Jersey or Delaware?

Hey.... I'm in south jersey occasionally but rarely in delaware. Nice to meet ya!

I really don't have a "setup"... I just make do with what ever is available in what ever location. Until recently, I've rarely done any "studio" type photography so I haven't really put in the investment for some "real" lighting or strobes. Here is what a "typical" setup I currently use might look like:

90275348.jpg

And here are some results. 10d w/ 50mm f11 on tripod and remote, white balance taken from background.

90275340.jpg

90275344.jpg

90275356.jpg

So the lights were from the hardware store for about 8 bucks and the bulbs are phillips natural 100w bulbs. The sheets in front of the lights are semi-transparent mylar purchased from cloth stores used for making clothing patterns. Make sure you get the heat resistant sheets. The white background is a plastic lined table cloth from the dollar store. They work also for portraits and people. Use a tripod as these are 100w bulbs not high powered strobes.

You asked about my hallogen light. It too works fine. More output and more flood like. I rarely use it directly and usually bounce light from it. Here's an old pic I posted a while back when I first started experimenting:

40829715.jpg

I have several versions of this picture.. each with different lights and positioned differently. This one has the hallogen pointed directly at the wine rack. I also used a maglight with a tight beem to lighten up the "blush" on the second row ( without it they turned brown ).

A little imagination goes a long way.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back