Some new, gritty, and possible NSFW selfs

MyaLover

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just playing with some new ideas in PS. Let me know what you guys think. Also about the lighting and the composition. Thanks, always appreciated!

_MG_8916edit.jpg

_MG_8927edit.jpg

The last one is a little softer
_MG_8959edit.jpg

I think the lighting and compositions really suit the intense theme, the processing is very dark indeed....in mood I mean. Knowing they are self ports, I do wonder what kind of mood precipitated this expedition into the darker recesses of the imagination.

About lighting. I like them but what if you added a snoot to create a highlight around your hair? Just a thought.

About composition. I would like to see more of the subject (you) off a 90 degree pose. Lean toward the camera when head on. Lean to the left or right and toward the front for a more commanding look when your shoulders are to the side of the camera. Leaning back creates a more submissive, frightened, or fragile look. Again, just thoughts.

-Nick

Thanks everyone! I have a few more variations of PP i might put up for some feedback. I really appreciate it!

Hahahaha I think I have manly, "artist" hands! Thats funny
I noticed the hands right off the bat. I can't say why, but I feel they add to the overall vibe. Great shots.

I like them a lot. The poses and stylized color tones are excellent. #2 is especially outstanding... to be able to express this kind of tender, deep, raw emotion in a self portrait is just amazing.

Most of us would attempt something like this and it would be a joke. You've got the ability to be both photographer and subject, artist and muse. It's extraordinary.

I'd crop a tiny bit off the bottom of #2 -- otherwise perfect! Thanks for sharing.

thanks for all the above! i have a silly little secret i do to get emotions like this to come out. i am RARELY in a bad mood when i take pics!

looks good! you may have gone just a touch crazy with the unsharpen mask though. I really like your work :)

the whole thing works..the theme, the lighting, the subject and etc..i like

Most reactions

Back