Some New Stuff

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by laudrup, Apr 24, 2005.

1. laudrup

laudrup TPF Noob!

Hello,

i've not posted for a little while , i've been getting to grips with using a 35mm slr rather than my old digital. The only problem is i've been getting loads of films developed and got stacks of photo's to sort through.

Here are a few I've sorted out so far. They are being scanned, resized to 800 x 600 and then posted. I use image shack to host because its a free hosting site. If anyone doesn't like this then let me know.

Any feedback on pics appreciated

All the best

Laudrup

Horse : I was walking along a local canal path and this horse looked out from between the trees at me, luckily i had my camera with me and primed for action! I wish i'd managed to get the top of it's ears but it didn't hang around for long!

[​IMG]

Sunset: I was leant a soft focus filter & sunset filter and tried them both at the same time, not sure about the results

[​IMG]

Burnt Out Car: I found this burnt out car in the middle of a forest, there was no conceivable way it could have got there it was pretty remote!

[​IMG]

Lyme Hall: This is one of the many pics I took of a nearby stately home. The weather wasn't great but I liked the symemtrical layout

[​IMG]

I'll post more as and when I get them sorted and developed, Cheers

2. Picksure

Picksure TPF Noob!

The horse shot gets my attention for being so different from "on the farm" types of pics. I didnt even notice the ears at first.

Well done.

3. cleary71

cleary71 TPF Noob!

I like the second one a lot and I would be very interested in seeing it with a sepia tone effect addedl to it

4. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wow, I love #2 :) What sunset filter is that? Do you use the cokin system? Been wanting to find a sunset filter.

5. laudrup

laudrup TPF Noob!

Hi Matt, I bought a cokin landscape kit from manchester, there is an orange sunset filter, graduated tobacco & blue, a diffuser which gives a softened effect and finally a gradual fog filter which gives you a rising fog effect, it cost about £35, plus about £5 for an adapter to fit it to your type of lens or digital cam. They're pretty cool only used them for the first time.

6. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Burnt Out Car rocks! I love the way the twisted metal car frame mimics the trees in the background, and the blisted paint on the door looks like the mossy rubble on the ground. It's just a little flat; it needs a saturation and/or contrast tweak.