Some newbish B&W photos

As for contrast issues, those were good suggestions regarding lighting. Also, choosing the right film helps alot, as does correct choice of filter. Opening the image up in Photochop or Gimp and checking out the histogram will make this stuff apparent (and correctable).

i like the second one the best. Still need to work on getting more contrast. Also you should not center the subject, use the rule of thirds.

Are you shooting film or digital?

I like the general ideas you have, but the contrast really needs to be addressed. In most cases you want to wider range of tonal values in order to give the image more pop. These are flat, very flat, and that strongly detracts from the impact.

What is your process here? Are you using film or digital? You said that these are not adjusted in any way, but if you could tell us what you are doing, start to finish we could probably help you make these look a lot better.

- Randy

This is not waht I planned as my first post, but to me the flower pictures look to be underexposed some. And like others said, it lacks contrast. That would be helped with the exposure some what.

Bill

Do you shoot in color or monochrome? If you shoot in color you will be able to adjust the tones and colors throughout the picture. If you shoot in plain b&w, you're kinda screwed as to being able to boost the contrast of a certain color.

What Randy said. He's always stealing my words. >.<

Most reactions

New Topics

Back