Some nice photos just for you....

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by boncon, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boncon

boncon TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    :meh:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  2. Pugs

Pugs TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I really like your eye for composition. And the colors are all nice but maybe a bit overdone. They feel a bit HDR-ish and I'm personally not a fan of overdone HDR. Many of the pics look over-sharpened and they all look a little soft on the focus.

You really do have a VERY good feel for composition, though. You're shooting interesting things in interesting ways. Keep it up! I look forward to seeing more from you!

3. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    So what do you want to hear so that I can type it out for ya?

The point of CC is not to be nice or to be mean, but its to improve. You may have a bunch of people who come on here and stroke your ego and tell you that #1 is great or they prefer #3 or some are not bad. Where is that going to get you?

As I am unsure as to what you would consider kind, I guess I won't post my comments.

4. Pugs

Pugs TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ooh... I hope that wasn't a knock on my C&C... I might need a hug now... :lol::lmao::lol:

5. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    No, not even a knock on the OP, just on the general attitude of CC on these boards.

I was probably typing my reply when you posted your CC :)

6. Pugs

Pugs TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Does this mean I don't get a hug? :biglaugh:

7. boncon

boncon TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    HEY BIG TWINKY OR WHATEVER U CALL URSELF - WHY DONT U F**K OFF - I WAS BEING SCARSTIC - OR DON;T U KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS - WANT ME TO EXPLAIN- OK!! BIGTWINKY UR SUCH A NICE GUY-NOW THAT IS ME BEING SCARCASTIC - THE SAME WAY AS I WAS ASKING U TO BE KIND!!! HOW DO U EXPECT PEOPLE TO LEARN OR WANT TO COME ONTO A FORUM WITH SOMEONE WITH UR ATTIDUE-U CERTAINLY WOULDN'T ENCOURAGE ME. AND NO I DON;T WANT MY EGO STROKED - AND IF I DID IT WOULDN'T BE BY U!!!!!!!!!!:sexywink:

pugs i appreciate your comments and yes i am only learning how to take photos and work on photoshop and everytime i do something i learn something new.

Guys like that dick head obivously think they are too good for the likes of me!!!!!!!!!!!!Or am I just ****e on his boots!!!

Oh had another look at the images and they are not over sharpened think it is because they are saved at a low res and they haven;t reproduced well - the originals are sharp. Also diffused glow has been used a bit on some of them and they give it that out of focus feel - but thanks for pointing that out will make sure and save them at a higer res from now on.

8. TylerF

TylerF TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    to be honest, i dont like them too much lol the first2 are ok, but from there on, they look to fake. i had had to think to figure out if #3 was photoshopped or not.

they just dont look natural to me, please dont take it the wrong way. the composition is pretty good.

9. TylerF

TylerF TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

cool story bro. you need to calm down. with an attitude like that, you will not learn anything on here

10. Pugs

Pugs TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Woah! Simmer down... Sarcasm and other intangibles are VERY hard to convey across the Interwebs. I didn't get that you were being sarcastic about "pls be kind" and it doesn't surprise me that bigtwinky didn't get it either.

If you look through the posts here, you'll seen just how MANY beginners and new members ask for C&C with a "be kind" or "be gentle" disclaimer. It gets frustrating because sometimes a photo sucks and a beginner needs to hear that. THAT is what I think bigtwinky was reacting to.

There's also the fact that flying off the handle and yelling at an established member that many of us like or at the least respect as well as calling him names is NOT a good way to get anyone here to react well to you. It comes across as emotionally immature and childish.

Tantrums, outbursts, and name-calling are a GREAT way to end up on people's ignore list.

11. boncon

boncon TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the comments - will defo take them on board - it is a learning curve:lmao:

12. TylerF

TylerF TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    holy mood swing batman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.