what do you think? please and thank you :hug::

DSC_001copy.jpg

DSC_0016copy.jpg

DSC_0021copy1.jpg

DSC_0032copy.jpg

DSC_0051copy.jpg

DSC_0062copy1.jpg

DSC_0040copy.jpg

Very nice detail and sharpness in the first, I would however have used a smaller aperature on some of them. With a smaller perature you end up with a starburst pattern (number equal to your aperature blades) around lights instead of blobs, especially with closer lights. I think it would make for a more pleasant scene, but what do I know ;)

Very nice detail and sharpness in the first, I would however have used a smaller aperature on some of them. With a smaller perature you end up with a starburst pattern (number equal to your aperature blades) around lights instead of blobs, especially with closer lights. I think it would make for a more pleasant scene, but what do I know ;)

the last 2 do? but your right. this area is soooo bright at night. its tough to get the settings right. thanks for commenting. :)

I agree. They're great, but the blobs aren't so cool on the lights.

If you use f/64 or so it should be more starlike vs a flood of light.

I do like them though, but what do I know.

wow i love the 2nd, 6th and 7th

really good!

I agree. They're great, but the blobs aren't so cool on the lights.
If you use f/64 or so it should be more starlike vs a flood of light

f/64 on a D100 would result in a picture blurry beyond recognition thanks to diffraction. This isn't a MF camera :) The starlight effect is already very evident in all of the photos. You could make it even more pronounced by going to f/22 but you'd loose significant sharpness.

Pssst, Garbz: what is "diffraction" and why is it so prominent the smaller your aperture is?
And why don't MF camera have that effect at such small f-numbers?

All in all I would say that if these were mine, I'd be happy about them, though I might feel that Photo 4 is too glaring.

I sure like Photo 7 where the use of a small aperture is quite evident in the lights already.
Photo 2 has a nice sky-at-dusk but the street lights do look like blobs there...

the last 2 do? but your right. this area is soooo bright at night. its tough to get the settings right. thanks for commenting. :)

Yes it is tough to get the right setting with the scene being so bright. I agree the last two are better, hence why I said some would benefit from a smaller aperature. #6 is your best followed by #1 IMO, pretty brave too standing in the middle of the street with cars going by.

Yes it is tough to get the right setting with the scene being so bright. I agree the last two are better, hence why I said some would benefit from a smaller aperature. #6 is your best followed by #1 IMO, pretty brave too standing in the middle of the street with cars going by.

I was hoping they saw the tripod at the last second are avoiding hitting me :)

i really like #6, the symmetry and perspective from the middle of the street... nice shots...

I like number 7 for it's pronunced vanishing point, and how it disipates to the night sky.

Most reactions

Back