Some of my drawings... :)

mygrain said:
Wait!!!!! LM please DO NOT STOP PAINTING...for the love of art and the preservation of all that is beautiful PLEASE DO NOT STOP PAINTING...some artists spend decades trying to achive what you've been able to accomplish in justs a few years. Paintings can take a long time to work on so maybe you should find something to paint that is not so detailed. Work looser and faster and see what happens. Experiment and have fun. BUT whatever you do don't stop painting. You have a truly great gift and I'd hate to see it not used on canvas. Sorry, I'm a painter myself and I know it when I see someone who could do great things for the craft.

It's not me to "not work detailed" I'm either all or none... I don't even really consider myself an "artist" because all I do is take a photograph I took and paint it or draw it... That's all I do... it's not really on the creative side at all..

LittleMan said:
mygrain said:
Wait!!!!! LM please DO NOT STOP PAINTING...for the love of art and the preservation of all that is beautiful PLEASE DO NOT STOP PAINTING...some artists spend decades trying to achive what you've been able to accomplish in justs a few years. Paintings can take a long time to work on so maybe you should find something to paint that is not so detailed. Work looser and faster and see what happens. Experiment and have fun. BUT whatever you do don't stop painting. You have a truly great gift and I'd hate to see it not used on canvas. Sorry, I'm a painter myself and I know it when I see someone who could do great things for the craft.

It's not me to "not work detailed" I'm either all or none... I don't even really consider myself an "artist" because all I do is take a photograph I took and paint it or draw it... That's all I do... it's not really on the creative side at all..

Dude that's call realism. It's been and is still being done by millions of artists. If you can accomplish something so realistic from a photograph then it's art and yer an artist for damn sure. Even masters like rembrant , di vinci, and monet used a grid system made of wood and string to map out their paintings. I know a local artist who sells tons of paintings that he does from photographs. He blows up a photo and hangs it on the wall in front of him and puts his canvas next to that and closes his left and right eyes back and forth often when he paints until his work is the same from both eyes. He has some of the most detailed work I have ever seen. Weird system but it's no different than what your doing. Please consider yerself an artist. I do.

mygrain said:
Please consider yerself an artist. I do.

Yea so do I.

Well said mygrain. I agree with you, LM should keep painting, but only if he likes it. Anyway, my thoughts says you should keep it up. You are very good and shouldn't trow it away. :)
And btw, 2 days too long for a work like that? :shock:
Hih, I don't think it is long at all and makes me wonder what you could do in 2 weeks. :D

LittleMan said:
Niki said:
makes me wonder what you could do in 2 weeks. :D
If I spent that long on a picture I would ....... go crazy.......

Well, you're very young, so maybe you will learn to give yourself time to grow. :wink: Your work is fabulous - the first image I saw was of the frog, and your attention to detail is exquisite.

Mygrain is right - you are definitely an artist. Don't worry about trying to look at it too closely or muddle it up by someone else's definition. Take it slow, do what feels right - just don't ever lay down your pencils and paints. :wink: That would be a loss to the world and a waste of your gift. :D

I'll look forward to seeing anything you decide to post. :D

Hertz van Rental said:
Impressive. You make me feel guilty - I hardly do any painting or drawing any more. Just lazy I guess. :-(
You should take a break shaving monkeys and paint them :wink:

LittleMan said:
Hertz van Rental said:
Impressive. You make me feel guilty - I hardly do any painting or drawing any more. Just lazy I guess. :-(
You should take a break shaving monkeys and paint them :wink:

He has to shave'em before he eats them...kind of like eating oranges...gotta peel it before ya eat it. :wink:

Most reactions

Back