Some of my first photoshop attempts

Kimba

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
New to photoshop and teaching myself so tell me what you think!!! oh and yes, the original pictures were also taken by me, i've not photoshopped someone elses work.

orange moon reflected in glass building

4580425065_4f6c479650.jpg

My stepdaughter with a mirror in the yard
4581053616_254d0498d0.jpg

Local building at sunset
4580424205_d4de78e215.jpg

Some nice edits kimba.
I'd be a bit wary of using drop shadows, and when they are used try to make them as subtle as possible. The moon looks like it has had the standard "add drop shadow" layer style added to it.
With the second pic, the white sky draws your attention quite a bit, I might be a good idea to try to dull down the sky. If there's any content at all in the sky in the original photo, it should be possible to bring that out using photoshop.
The third pic has a black mist on the left hand side which is a bit confusing, love the bright sunset feel to the clouds.

I would say overall, be wary of overdoing it on contrast, but nice work nevertheless.

Some nice edits kimba.
The third pic has a black mist on the left hand side which is a bit confusing, love the bright sunset feel to the clouds.

I would say overall, be wary of overdoing it on contrast, but nice work nevertheless.
Looks like Kimba feathered the selection that included the sky, and when he/she adjusted levels to make the sky appear ominous it affected the corners of the buildings.

o.k so the building one, i did a light blur over the whole pic then used an action called ying yang to lighten the building a little, the corners were there in the original photo and i assume from the storm clouds behind me. This pic is actually not far off the original.

The moon in the building.. i took a pic of the building and pasted a pic of the moon on it then erased the black lines out then ran a quick spray of orange to give that arvo glow but did not quite work how i wanted it too.

greatly appreciate the comments as i am new to this and dont know anyone who has photoshop so most of my learning is comming from watching tutorials on youtube!!

The one of my stepdaughter, pretty obvious, i took 2 pics looking into a mirror and got her to pull a face in one then combined the 2. the sky was a pain but was totally white as the whole sky was full of cloud so it just blew out.

Last edited:
Hi Kimba..

I would have suggested, for #1, when you put the moon on it's own layer, to adjust the transparency of that layer a bit, so it would look a little less like it was pasted on, and a bit more of a natural reflection.

A word of warning about actions on photoshop. They can come out with some nice effects, but they really don't do much, in the way of advancing your own photoshop skills. So I would use those sparingly. :)

thanks cori27, i will give that a go with the moon. i am trying to learn by doing things myself but have really enjoyed some of the actions, i see what you mean though.

Most reactions

Back