Some of my picks

Dom0803

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here's a few photos of mine.. some C&C would be nice. Also, take a look at my DA page; http://deltaoscarmango.deviantart.com

Starting off with my favourite of the bunch...

Orange_Fermanagh_by_DeltaOscarMango.jpg

Telegraph_pole_by_DeltaOscarMango.jpg

Passport_Macro_by_DeltaOscarMango.jpg

Look_up_and_see_the_light_by_DeltaO.jpg

Golden_sands_by_DeltaOscarMango.jpg

Footprints_by_DeltaOscarMango.jpg

Coke_by_DeltaOscarMango.jpg

Asterik__by_DeltaOscarMango.jpg

DSCF8397.jpg

DSCF8394.jpg

DSCF7642.jpg

coke.jpg

Hope you've enjoyed em! :D

I know bumping aint nice, but c'mon a few comments, please..

Thanks, can I ask why though?

Just some minor C&C peeps so I know what for other photos.

Were all of these taken in Ireland?

I like the close-ups of the glasses, both are nice still life impression, whereas, hang on --- the first is not quite as still with the whiskey (?) being poured, but well... Of the two I like the second even better. It is simpler and less grainy (first is a scan from print, maybe?)

The into-the-light view of the beach/mudflats is nice, exposure is good, which is not easy when you have such a bright light source as the sun (is there any brighter?) and its reflection on wet surfaces against you.

I quite like the various ropes, sophisticated knots and bit of action in Photo 9.

#2, I'm afraid, is quite boring to me, and I still wonder what we see in #3? Same question applies to 10, which has got a lovely red as its colour and is an interesting abstract, but one that makes me curious as to what it really is. Is that a reversed lens macro (same as 3?)?

IM 89% Irish and 11% German. Both my mom and dads side parents or my Grents are all from Ireland. I think Overton........ I dunno. But somethn like that. Yet i have never been there... Im not sure why cause my mom and dad have been there countless times.. guess Im just a looser.

Well, then here you go.

1. Love this shot. You did a very nice job shooting it where the plants are in sillouhette.

2. Really holds no interest. It's a nice shot, but nothing to really interest my eye.

3. Interesting and nice shot. Looks to be a coaster from a pub.

4.I like this shot even though part of your sky is blown out. If you want more detail in the main area of a shot like this, the best thing to do is meter for the foliage and then recompose the shot and take it.

5. This one is really nice. You could almost use the same tip from 4 to pull even more detail from the sand.

6. For being a rather plain image, this one strikes me in a good way for some reason. Maybe it is the plain simplicity of it.

7. & 8. Both are nice shots from a still-life view, but they seem to be very grainy/noisy.

9. & 10. Both of these are very good. Interesting comp, sharp colors.

11. Again, a very simple still-life type image. I like it.

12. This one is another very good one. Has a very abstract type feel to it.

Someday, I may make it over to Ireland. I am supposed to have a wee bit of Irish in my blood.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Just one thing, no photos were taken in Ireland. Northern Ireland and Ireland are two completly different countries, NI is in the UK, I'm British not Irish.

Anyway.

LaFoto - "(first is a scan from print, maybe?)"

Nah, it's an edit though. Not much editing done, just some levels to remove the grain from the black.

"Same question applies to 10, which has got a lovely red as its colour and is an interesting abstract, but one that makes me curious as to what it really is. Is that a reversed lens macro (same as 3?)?"

Number ten isn't a reverse lense... it's just a normal photo of a sailor rigging his boat. Perhaps you're thiknig of 12? which is, yes, a reverse lense.

Srobb -

"3. Interesting and nice shot. Looks to be a coaster from a pub."

haha, that's a reverse lense of my passport.. some people of my country, northern ireland however, prefer their passports as beermats!

"4.I like this shot even though part of your sky is blown out. If you want more detail in the main area of a shot like this, the best thing to do is meter for the foliage and then recompose the shot and take it."

Usually I would do that, but because it was a low bright sun I needed the fastest and darkest I could get. That's as best as I could push for a 2000 and f/8.0

"7. & 8. Both are nice shots from a still-life view, but they seem to be very grainy/noisy."

Both are edits. Number 7 was intended to be like one of those commercials you see in the cinema that have that sort of grain/white & colour balance.. you know the sort. Coke used do their commercials like that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back