Some of my pictures

Bryce

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are some of my favorites. I would like to know what quality I have at this level. I took all these with my Nikon D40 and the kit lense 18-55 and most with a +4 macro filter. I hear macro tubes are better but I have never tried them. Now I have other lenses and rarely use the macro filter anymore.
moc.jpg

poss.jpg

CSC_1734.jpg

DSC_0819.jpg

DSC_1308.jpg

DSC_1526.jpg

Thanks. Your pics creeped me out...in a good photographic way. Good overall

Last edited:
Love the first one and the frog shot they are my favs although their all great keep them coming!!

My favorite one ever and I have a bunch is the roach and the rose.

1 is a moccasin from Homosassa Florida
2 is an opposum from Lebanon Florida eating a vulture that was probably shot by rednecks.
3 is a jungle carpet python and it is one of my pets. I have many.
4 is in my garden from one of my flash light ventures out the door.
5 is Amaralli one of my Boa constrictors.
6 is a banana roach from one of my just out the door flash light adventures.

I can't really find anything negative to say. They're all good.

Specifically, framing is good, they're sharp, depth of field is good, they have impact, they're not over-processed, the subjects are interesting.

I would have loved to see the whole face on the opossum, and the lighting on the first snake picture might have been better, but that's it.

Good job. :thumbup:

I can't really find anything negative to say. They're all good.

Specifically, framing is good, they're sharp, depth of field is good, they have impact, they're not over-processed, the subjects are interesting.

I would have loved to see the whole face on the opossum, and the lighting on the first snake picture might have been better, but that's it.

Good job. :thumbup:

That first picture the lighting I adjusted in photoshop elements. If I open that file it is almost black. If I open it in other programs it does not do that. My best version of that one is the one I did in picnik.

damn bro, how do you get so close to these things and take such good pictures?

damn bro, how do you get so close to these things and take such good pictures?

Lets just say I am lucky my fingers have not rotted off. You should see my alligator shots. Even luckier yet to have my fingers. I get up on them and move the camera back and forth for my focus. The kit lense 18-55 has the focus in the front so my fingers can't go there. I have to set it where I want it and move back and forth.

3492351267_1468f32f0e.jpg

So if you tried to focus he would probably snap at you? lol....i would prob get some sort of telephoto lense or your gonna end up like the crocodile hunter guy......

So if you tried to focus he would probably snap at you? lol....i would prob get some sort of telephoto lense or your gonna end up like the crocodile hunter guy......

No, probably worse.

It is hard to telephoto because I have to control the animal and I have to be within some kind of reach.

Most reactions

Back