5531_1123983668373_1490550387_30459100_2567453_n.jpg

My friends Bookshelf.
5611_1110462810360_1490550387_30420263_6535633_n.jpg

Random Sculpture.
5611_1110462730358_1490550387_30420261_3591410_n.jpg

Trinity Cathedral by Night.
4569_1092673925649_1490550387_30371138_7967649_n.jpg

What do you think?

1. Nice work. I really like this and the mood it creates.

2. underexposed and it looks out of focus.

3. underexposed, but interesting.

4. All the scaffolding ruins it for me......

I won't offer much technical input (am still a newbie on that) but artistically I'll help out.
#1.... I find it too staged. It doesn't look natural. When one lights a pipe they tend to curl their hand around the bowl while watching it flame. You have the match off in a weird angle and your eyes are not focused on the bowl. This does not add to realism. If you get the small details right I think it would make a nice picture. Cropping an inch off the top helps the photo as well. The green cast is a negative in my opinion. Warm it up a bit.

#2... Again, I like the concept but it is missing a focal point. The focus right now is on the back of the skull. If the focus had been on the teeth area it would have more impact.

#3... Sharpen the colours to make them pop. But don't overdo it and have some scary clown makeup thing going on.

#4..... The colours are fabulous, but a bit overdone. I actually like the scaffolding. The faint stars you can see are a great touch.

I appreciate it guys.

1. It is obvious that ive never smoked a pipe. I did sacrifice realism to provide the light.

2.I see your points on the second photo, I was shooting with available light (which was low) and had the aperture really wide, hence the shallow DOF. It would have been a better photo if the DOF had been wider, or the focus had be re-directed. I do not, however see what you mean about under-exposed.

3. I dont see this as under-exposed either, perhaps your moniter needs adjusting.

4. The colors are natural, so... can they be overdone? There was no post-processing on this one.

I appreciate it guys.

3. I dont see this as under-exposed either, perhaps your moniter needs adjusting.

I'm with dagwood on the under-exposure. Perhaps your monitor is the culprit.

I appreciate it guys.

1. It is obvious that ive never smoked a pipe. I did sacrifice realism to provide the light.

2.I see your points on the second photo, I was shooting with available light (which was low) and had the aperture really wide, hence the shallow DOF. It would have been a better photo if the DOF had been wider, or the focus had be re-directed. I do not, however see what you mean about under-exposed.

4. The colors are natural, so... can they be overdone? There was no post-processing on this one.

2 & 3 are very dark - perhaps it is my monitor. If thats the case, I apologize. I just call 'em as I see 'em. ;)

Well, ive printed both of them and they look fine to me, but then maybe my eyes are the culprit.

Most reactions

Back